Opposite of nuke...

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Opposite of nuke...

Post by captainsnarf »

It doesn't do a chain reaction. It does flip locked nodes but that's a bug. Locked nodes should be inaccessible.

On spambox the nodes closest to you can be activated, but the nodes behind those depend on the first being active before they will activate. That's why I had to shoot three times in the beginning to get them all started. The first two activate, then the middle row (which depends on first row), then last row. It could be made to chain react but it would really only be relevant on spambox. I can't think of any other map where it would matter. Not sure it's worth the extra work. Once they are all active, I changed teams and then yeah it flipped all of them (even the locked ones it shouldn't have).

It still has game-breaking some bugs like you can power dead/unlinked nodes, but seems like the node stuff is pretty close to working.

After that it will need graphics/effects and sounds. I have some place holders now just so I can see what it's doing.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yeah makes sense shouldn't have any effect on opposition locked nodes, but would be cool to heal team nodes (locked or not). I could see wanting to use it to "fill up" a weakened key node (eg. 1/2 on dria, 8/9 minus etc.)

And you're right don't worry about what it does on spambox.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

captainsnarf wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:53 am It doesn't do a chain reaction. It does flip locked nodes but that's a bug. Locked nodes should be inaccessible.

On spambox the nodes closest to you can be activated, but the nodes behind those depend on the first being active before they will activate. That's why I had to shoot three times in the beginning to get them all started. The first two activate, then the middle row (which depends on first row), then last row. It could be made to chain react but it would really only be relevant on spambox. I can't think of any other map where it would matter. Not sure it's worth the extra work. Once they are all active, I changed teams and then yeah it flipped all of them (even the locked ones it shouldn't have).

It still has game-breaking some bugs like you can power dead/unlinked nodes, but seems like the node stuff is pretty close to working.

After that it will need graphics/effects and sounds. I have some place holders now just so I can see what it's doing.
If you want me to make a sound for you let me know. You just need a .wav file?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:42 pm If you want me to make a sound for you let me know. You just need a .wav file?
Yes please! I'd much rather collaborate. And yep it's .wav files.

I was thinking of maybe two sounds, one for the initial boom/heal sound of the nuke going off, and another short one (> 1.0sec) that can be looped that plays while things are healing. I'm not sure how long the boom sound should last, but I currently have max heal times set at 5 seconds. Realistically takes about 1 second to heal dead node full at current rate (100pt/0.1 sec).

If it ends up looking like a redeemer, I think it should say 'YEAAHHHHHHHHH' on the side of it :D

For the healing sound I was thinking something like the beginning of this
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

captainsnarf wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:45 pm
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:42 pm If you want me to make a sound for you let me know. You just need a .wav file?
Yes please! I'd much rather collaborate. And yep it's .wav files.

I was thinking of maybe two sounds, one for the initial boom/heal sound of the nuke going off, and another short one (> 1.0sec) that can be looped that plays while things are healing. I'm not sure how long the boom sound should last, but I currently have max heal times set at 5 seconds. Realistically takes about 1 second to heal dead node full at current rate (100pt/0.1 sec).

If it ends up looking like a redeemer, I think it should say 'YEAAHHHHHHHHH' on the side of it :D

For the healing sound I was thinking something like the beginning of this
Okay I can make a boom sound. I'll try to make one that somehow sounds positive.

For the heal sound... is it healing people or vehicles? In another server I play, there's a healing sphere you can cast and the sound effect is basically a rapid fire health pickup sound. That might be the most identifiable as a healing sound effect. Or if you want to try something else like you posted I can try something.

I've been super busy lately but I have a couple of free nights coming up so I should have something ready by the end of the weekend.
pooty

Post by pooty »

And yep it's .wav files.
The sound has to be a 16-bit/mono/22hkz maximum. If it's not it might not import at all, or it might import and sound quite different.

I thought the sound would be like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG_6CopW9GQ
Tater

Post by Tater »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Okay good sound ideas. Yes I can definitely hide some good OH YEAHs in there without them sounding too meme-y.... more subliminal.

We could just rip the Halo sound effect. I'll tweak it a bit so it's not the exact same thing.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Also good to know about the file specs... that might be why the Mobreaker sound didn't work? I need to think like it's 2004 and not send such high quality samples.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I tried playing with some bots and the link nuke as weapon arena. omg I made it so it plays the intro hihat/toms of the ferris bueller song while it's flying, and then says the 'ohh yeah' when it booms :D