New toy 'Pallas'

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: New toy 'Pallas'

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

I just tried it. So far it looks awesome!

You can rapid fire three PPCs if you switch seats with good timing. Waiting for them all to charge is kind of cumbersome (and a blessing for enemies) but that could be a good maneuver when a good shot opens up.
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

captainsnarf wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:28 pm
Terminator wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:04 pm Can the right click make it deploy like normal?
I right click and deploy. How do I fire the SPMA camera? Right click again? Then how do I undeploy?

That's when I came up with spacebar instead. Camera and deploy can't both be alt fire. If there is a better way I'm happy to try it though.
Ok I understand ty.
Xexx

Post by Xexx »

Really tired of getting killed by stuff you can't even see, only to hear gurgled static sound effects. Too many levi variants in MassDestruction, can't tell their functions apart. Palas controlled the center nodes even though it was directly deployed right underneath them in the shadow. Too much range and AOE damage with no drawback, especially considering all the other things on the map. I hate PPCs, the things have low health and are slow as shit for a reason, should've kept them that way IMO.

Needs a huge nerf to health and respawn time.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

If it's too good I'm happy to change that. It should be balanced.

Pallas and Levi have similar range, drawback is must be deployed. AOE of deployed primary (1000) is similar to Mino (335x3), little smaller radius (1800 vs 2000). Same fire rate as Mino. Laser turrets are same as Mino.

I gave it 8000 health to match PercesMAS. Since it hits harder maybe it should have less health?
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Are there any spiders on MassDestruction?

Challenge:
Kudos to whoever can spin and tumble Termi with a gravity bomb before he can deploy.

If you haven't seen a Levi tumble in the air, you haven't lived. It's F'n hilarious. You have to hit them before they deploy, else it's anchored to the ground.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Really tired of getting killed by stuff you can't even see, only to hear gurgled static sound effects. Too many levi variants in MassDestruction, can't tell their functions apart.
Working on the sound, UT is pretty picky when adding new sounds...

As for the levi variants, Terminator will be holding a class later... :D

Seriously though, keep in mind the Pallas is in a testing phase, so feedback is welcomed good and bad. I agree I think the 8000 is too high, maybe match levi/tiamat at 5000. I think the respawn is the same as the other MAS (Mobile assault station) on that Map (120s I think). I'll say from both a map and vehicle development that the ONLY way to get it right is to play test. You can screw around with bots etc, but doesn't replace real play.
Are there any spiders on MassDestruction?
No spiders, but might be a good add..they do tend to be laggy though. And you'd have to be close to use Gravity bomb.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

New version 1.1 available! Download here

1. Reduced health to 5000
2. Better fix for PPC turret shooting through floor
3. Make SPMA use mouse aim
4. greatly increased range of SPMA
5. new effects and sounds
pooty

Post by pooty »

Awesome thanks.

I'll look at adding it this afternoon. Likely to MassD and Minus-KitchenSink for now. I think the increased range will be helpful (at least on MassD).
Tater

Post by Tater »

Does Pallas take multiplied damage from bio similar to other MAS variants?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I looked through all unreal script source, bonus packs, even dumped the script for biotank in alienhop2.

MAS variants do not take extra damage from bio. This is a myth.

This is the damage calculation
Damage = BaseDamage + Damage * GoopLevel;
DamageRadius = DamageRadius * GoopVolume;
MomentumTransfer = MomentumTransfer * GoopVolume;
if (Physics == PHYS_Flying) MomentumTransfer *= 0.5;
DelayedHurtRadius(Damage, DamageRadius, MyDamageType, MomentumTransfer, HitLocation);
It does not care who it hurts. There are other calculations that happen like UDamage, armor, etc but nothing to do with bio or MAS vehicles.