Re: Opposite of nuke...

Post by captainsnarf »

more progress here It's getting pretty close :D
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

You sure want a new sound? The OH YEAH is pretty cool to me... I suppose you gotta have a boom sound
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:49 am You sure want a new sound? The OH YEAH is pretty cool to me... I suppose you gotta have a boom sound
If you're OK with it I'm OK with it :D It was a good idea pooty

It's getting pretty close! Just fine tuning and testing at this point.

I spent most of yesterday figuring out how the HUD stuff works and how the minimap works. I made it so players holding a link nuke show up on the map. Math is hard. Translate world coordinates to minimap coordinates. But it works! I played with 32 bots all with link nukes and you could see where they all were on the minimap.

Unfortunately it requires a dirty-no-good hack to work, and only players holding link nukes will see the enhanced radar on minimap. It might also need a mutator to make it work for everybody. And the dirty-no-good hack... there is no way to draw on the minimap :( You can only draw behind it. I have to mess with ONS HUD internal variables to make it work. I'm leaving the radar feature out for the first release.
pooty

Post by pooty »

One of the maps, Arctic-JY maybe has the mino on the minimap, maybe you could see the code for that and adapt it.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:20 am One of the maps, Arctic-JY maybe has the mino on the minimap, maybe you could see the code for that and adapt it.
Well, that took a long time to find.

It's something called 'UltimateMappingTools' -> 'UltimateRadarVehicle'. Yep, it's a mutator embedded in the map. I believe it replaces the default ONSHUD but I'm not 100% sure how it works. Either way, probably too much work for v1.0 of this. More info here
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Ok, it's ready!!!!

Download here

"YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH Nuke 1.0"
Damage=250 (same as deemer), gibs opponents, heals friendlies, heals nodes, flips nodes
damageradius=1000 (half deemer)

cannot be guided

pooty

Post by pooty »

Cool. I will have to figure out a map to put it on? Maybe Minus-KitchenSink
Well, that took a long time to find.

It's something called 'UltimateMappingTools' -> 'UltimateRadarVehicle'. Yep, it's a mutator embedded in the map. I believe it replaces the default ONSHUD but I'm not 100% sure how it works.
Yes took me a while to find the embedded mutators, just search for Actor LevelGameRules and they are there...drove me nuts for a while having a mutator show up "in a map" but not on the game selection.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:39 pm Cool. I will have to figure out a map to put it on? Maybe Minus-KitchenSink
Yeah, that's a tough call. Maybe Tanks-A-Lot? Center node in a MTMU randomizer? I think more than 2 on a map might be too much, like either each base gets one or there is a central one. I'm hoping it will help fix maps that are hard to come back from.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Center node in a MTMU randomizer?
Yep I am thinking KitchenSink. Good for a couple of reasons, 1. that map moves fast with some of the fliers so the YEAAHH nuke won't horribly unbalance it, and 2. Lots of vehicles so potential for side effects is better tested.

With luck I can get it done today.
pooty

Post by pooty »

See the Map Announcement, put it on KitchenSink-V12 on the server. Seems to work fine.

A couple of observations:
1. The updated skin is there on the pickup, but not in the player view of the weapon (looks just like a regular deemer)
2. There's no "fly mode" like a regular deemer? Is this intentional? First time I grabbed it I went to fly it around and it just launches
3. Its pretty powerful on a vulnerable primary..it destroys it, and completely builds it (aka flips it). So watch out opposing team with an open primary.
4. What does it do to an open core?

Lets see how it plays, part of me wonders if it wouldn't be better as a "backpack" nuke? Although having the fly mode would be cool to fly it and have it heal the mino or other players/vehicles. I can see Terminator parking a Levi/Tiamat/Shocker/Kraken/Pallas right on or near a node and someone using this to keep it all healed up.