ONS-SlatedWorld-2021

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
Super Sanka

Re: ONS-SlatedWorld-2021

Post by Super Sanka »

Troop carrier would be too Powerful in a map just designed around flyers. You can literally kill the entire team with one lol
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by pooty »

With many flyers I don't think the TroopCarrier or the Mech would be as bad...remember for the most part you can come at them from almost 360* in any direction... and how long would it last vs. an Ifrit, Falcon, Omega and Predator?

The idea here is that the flyers have their place, but the newer version is a bit larger in land mass, so some heavy ground vehicles would be useful. I'll probably start with one or two heavy anti-air and see how it goes.

I really do want to see how a tiamat/kraken plays, start with a Tiamat but I have a feeling like with TC above, a swarm of Flyers it isn't going to last long.

The other thing is I think its going to be more strategic in some cases to "man the turrets" to protect.
No King Hellbender please. I'd rather have regular hellbender than princess hellbender. Cerberus is much better.
What's wrong with KHB? The shock balls are more fun, and I guess the repeating turret is less skill than twin beams. I like Cerberus, but there's on a few that really know how to use it.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Definitely add the GOAT Sucker, but not so sure on Snipertron or Troop Carrier. Alongside the Tiamats, those would turn a flyer dominated map into an anti-air dominated map. One of the things I like so much about the original Slated is that most of the fights are dogfights in the air.

There's really no maps other than AirMars, which never gets played, that have dogfighting as the main type of combat. Adding tons of anti-air will kill that concept and turn it into a flyers vs. anti-air vehicles map. We already have enough of those. Please keep this a dogfight heavy map, or at least keep the original around if we litter this one with tanks and anti-air.

Maybe if there's an overwhelming number of flyers vs. ground vehicles, Snipertron or Troop Carrier would possibly get swarmed easily, but they'll definitely change the dynamic of the map.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Yeah I agree with Enyo. Too many lasers then it's tipped toward a standard map. But I'll wait until we try it. An Omniheliux is basically a flying tank anyway.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Maybe if there's an overwhelming number of flyers vs. ground vehicles, Snipertron or Troop Carrier would possibly get swarmed easily, but they'll definitely change the dynamic of the map.
The dynamic should change just a bit... but yes, should be flyer heavy, with some AntiAir, but don't want to make it a TMU map. Probably need a few iterations to get the balance right.

OmniHelix would be fun but its easy pickings for most flyers and has significant blind spots.
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

not saying you can't swarm it but it'd prob take out 1 or 2 in the process of dying...so 1-3 people vs 1 thats advantage enemy team. I guess it depends on the node location and what node it spawns in.
pooty

Post by pooty »

There's really no maps other than AirMars, which never gets played,
I think the problem with the Omni version we have is the node layout, I seem to remember a different layout that was more playable.