Any interest in non-symmetrical map?

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Any interest in non-symmetrical map?

Post by captainsnarf »

I played it a bit offline. It's fun! I'm really curious how it plays with humans. Also what is that wasp doing there?!?!
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

captainsnarf wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:24 am I played it a bit offline. It's fun! I'm really curious how it plays with humans. Also what is that wasp doing there?!?!
Playing with humans is always the real test. The wasp, is temporary. I was originally thinking a cicada class flyer. Or stock raptor. The only other vehicle that can get in and out of the trench is a manta. You have to jump along side the train car, hover and move to the center of the car then you can jump again and get back top side. I've also gotten the manta on top of the buildings.

Each crane has a lift and on the extended part of the crane there is a deemer. Also just temporary until another idea comes along.

Jump pad in trench: I dont know about this. Something I tried then realized I might need 3 more. 2 on each end of the trench going opposite directions. Then I added the warps and figured it would be cleaner and easier. But left the jump there in case things go a different way.

All 4 buildings have an upper level via lift. I was gonna bust out the windows to allow people to slip in from the top to attack nodes. Also add a health pickup in each upper floor. Or.... Remove access altogether from the upper floors.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

TotalBurn wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:35 am All 4 buildings have an upper level via lift. I was gonna bust out the windows to allow people to slip in from the top to attack nodes. Also add a health pickup in each upper floor. Or.... Remove access altogether from the upper floors.
It seems like there is at least one window that is busted out? I got a headhunter award up there shooting bots heheh.
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

Yes you are correct, to get in and out of the window you have to crouch and walk. I was playing with the idea before removing all the glass. Head Hunter? Sounds like a good sniper position up there.
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

Updates

- Added DD inside cargo container (red side map in fenced area)
- Added minigun turret inside building of node 4. Blue has easy bridge access and this may help balance.
- Swapped Raptor for Cicada
- Raised ceiling on map
- Removed windows from buildings at nodes 4 & 5 (crouch + walk to enter/exit)
- Relocated teleporter from near red core to near node 4 (prevent blue team from warping to attack core). Teleporters top side now symmetrical

Download Link

To do list: Add manta, scorpion so each side has one of each. Bust out more windows. Shield nodes 2 & 3 from being attacked from other side of map (Would hate to see OT because people are lazy and shoot each others nodes from one side).
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

Updates:

- Added more player starts at each core and nodes
- Added health at 2 & 3
- Added health upstairs at 4 & 5
- Added vehicle pathing for bots
- Adjusted node 4 so less exposed
- Added zone info for buildings
- Added manta + scorp so each side has one of each (non-sym locations ie vice versa for variety)
- Removed a few meshes

Download latest

Im not sure there is too much more to do. So far everything working. Warping in/out of nodes etc.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Nice job! Here is a collision bug I found.
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

Thanks for the compliment and thank you for making that video. That was a huge help! I was able to fix all the containers and vehicles cant go thru them.

Fixed Collision
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

ONS-Hangar-18 is complete

Changes:
- Fixed more collision
- Removed arvils, except at core
- Added mini map
- Added tribute to Snarf and Pooty by naming buildings after them

Download here
pooty

Post by pooty »

Loaded on server. Lets see how it plays!