Solutions for wrist/hand pain

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
trans_lux
Server Sponsor: Yes

Solutions for wrist/hand pain

Post by trans_lux »

I suffer from terrible wrist pain and numbness after extended play from carpal tunnel and tendinitis.
Decades of riding motorcycles and wrenching has taken its toll.
Surgery is eminent.

But for now using these items + some basic stretching helped immensely.

I place this under my wrist for my mouse.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DF83HK7/r ... UTF8&psc=1

This along the base of my keyboard.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GP7JXQY/r ... UTF8&psc=1

Daily stretching
https://youtu.be/pfRwZGd2LE4

Hope this helps someone.
Last edited by trans_lux on Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
infinitecat

Re: Solutions for wrist/hand pain

Post by infinitecat »

I used an old roller-blading glove to immobilize my wrist when I had tendinitis. The gloves are designed to keep your wrists from flexing. It's a cheap fix and you can pretend you're Spider-Man. Thwip-thwip!
MaDPaT

Post by MaDPaT »

Trans_Lux, your two links to amazon do not work. Could you please check them cause I have similar problems and I need help to be more effective at killing you in UT2004.
McLovin
Server Admin: Yes

Post by McLovin »

MaDPaT wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:44 pm Trans_Lux, your two links to amazon do not work. Could you please check them cause I have similar problems and I need help to be more effective at killing you in UT2004.
Tranny_Lux didn't use the correct internet Insert URL modifier. It's the chain lookin icon 3rd from the right, chain, lightnin bolt, tear drop.
trans_lux

Post by trans_lux »

McLovin wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:50 pm
MaDPaT wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:44 pm Trans_Lux, your two links to amazon do not work. Could you please check them cause I have similar problems and I need help to be more effective at killing you in UT2004.
Tranny_Lux didn't use the correct internet Insert URL modifier. It's the chain lookin icon 3rd from the right, chain, lightnin bolt, tear drop.
I know I had to do this back in the 90’s ;)
Fixed
EmanReleipS

Post by EmanReleipS »

My husband struggled with this for a long time, especially when using the hellbender turret. I started to develop some hand pain earlier this year as well. What helped us was to replace our mice with much lighter ones. I got the Cooler Master Mastermouse MM720 (good for small hands, the ring finger rest is also particularly good for me because I used to grip my mouse with the thumb and ring finger when moving it sideways), he got the Glorious Model 0. The lighter weight also feels really nice for our wrists.

I tried a wrist rest, but found that it got in the way too much.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

EmanReleipS wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:45 am My husband struggled with this for a long time, especially when using the hellbender turret. I started to develop some hand pain earlier this year as well. What helped us was to replace our mice with much lighter ones. I got the Cooler Master Mastermouse MM720 (good for small hands, the ring finger rest is also particularly good for me because I used to grip my mouse with the thumb and ring finger when moving it sideways), he got the Glorious Model 0. The lighter weight also feels really nice for our wrists.

I tried a wrist rest, but found that it got in the way too much.
A couple who plays UT together? You might be the last one in existence. What's your husband's handle?
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:09 am ...
A couple who plays UT together? You might be the last one in existence. What's your husband's handle?
Pam and Paminator's Hubby used to play together. Didn't know the hubby too well, but everyone remembers Pam. Pam riding in a tank saying, "Get inside me", LOL Everybody rolling....
Xexx

Post by Xexx »

trans_lux

Post by trans_lux »

Xexx wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:30 am Try a vertical mouse.

https://www.amazon.com/Kensington-Ergon ... B088TCN4ZM
I use a combination of a vertical mouse and a trackball for work stuff.
But I just can’t game with them.
The combination of wrist support and some stretching has helped me immensely.
Though I still occasionally have issues. It’s been awhile I’ll try a vertical again and see what happens.
Boys and girls use this as a cautionary tale.
As the old adage goes "If I knew I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself."