I am Muted

Got a Glitch? Always Lagging? Need help with anything technical? Want to move off Windows XP?
Colbye
Server Sponsor: Yes

I am Muted

Post by Colbye »

The past few nights, my mic has not been able to broadcast in UT. I tried omni and hoc its behaving like its muted but it absolutely is not.

Help me my friends.

I play on Steam and I've had the issue where I can't talk on Steam games before but this seems different.
HEAD CHEESE
captainsnarf
Server Admin: Yes

Re: I am Muted

Post by captainsnarf »

I saw you on HoC. You didn't join, only spectate. I don't believe spectators can speak on HoC. They definitely cannot on Omni. There are also a lot of times I can't hear other players, but I can see they are trying to speak because the screen icon shows they are speaking. I don't hear anything, but other players do. Is that what happened?
Colbye

Post by Colbye »

I came back and tried. Same result.

You know that voice volume bar that pops up? Well it just stays flat for me. Dunno what is happening to cause that.
HEAD CHEESE
pooty
Server Admin: Yes

Post by pooty »

Sounds like a mic issue. My Logitech G935 occasionally needs to be disconnected as it "loses" the mic. I have to unplug the headset from the computer and plug it back in.

Can you test it out in Windows Recorder? If that doesn't work than its a hardware problem.... are you sure you didn't bite down hard on it?
Colbye

Post by Colbye »

Positive. Like, I was talking to my gf with the same mic thats muted while playing UT.
HEAD CHEESE
Colbye

Post by Colbye »

Ok so...mic works in UT again. I moved to the Mic back to the original USB port and it works fine now. Weird because it's not the blue 2.0 or 3.0 or whatever. WEIRD
HEAD CHEESE