Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: MegaBadger

Post by pooty »

MegaBadger/Badgertaur 2.3

Used different collision model (older one from MoreBadgers_Anim.ukx
This should make it more like the one that was on Beta23 map... its pretty close, so try it out McLovin.

bAllowAirControl=True
And updated TorqueCurve
TorqueCurve=(Points=((InVal=0.0,OutVal=6.000000),(InVal=200.0,OutVal=8.000000),(InVal=1200.000000,OutVal=12.000000),(InVal=1500.000000,OutVal=0.0000)))
from
TorqueCurve=(Points=((InVal=0.0,OutVal=3.000000),(InVal=200.0,OutVal=5.000000),(InVal=1200.000000,OutVal=12.000000),(InVal=1500.000000,OutVal=0.0000)))

Gives it little more start power, and climb smaller hills, still can have issues on steeper hills.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I did want to point out that in the Minus-BadgerMeUpMap the map description is set as (not by me):

The Minus edit that nobody asked for... lol.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

pooty wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:45 am ...
Used different collision model (older one from MoreBadgers_Anim.ukx
This should make it more like the one that was on Beta23 map... its pretty close, so try it out McLovin.
Is it deployed yet, because I don't see that the current one is much better than it was before. The current one is super bouncy and all over the place.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yes, its deployed. Test it on Minus-BadgerMeUp. There's no way to duplicate the one that was on the map previously -- I built it exactly as the code specified in that map -- doesn't work the same way -- this is why embedding into the map was a bad practice--things conflict and you can't track the code. Meaning I can't recreate the embedded one, and its unlikely to work the same on another map depending on what code is already in the map.

It should be much better, I tested it quite a bit vs. the 2.2 version...but it still has more bounce than the embedded version.

Plus the Mega should always have some bounce. It needs a weakness (its not vulnerable to goo like the mino).

The problem is the Mega embedded in the Beta23 is pretty much immune to its own cannon momentum except that it just pushes it..that's the odd effect that can't be duplicated -- Snarf maybe you know a KParam that allows that, but I even added a few more items to reduce the bounce and tip over properties.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Thanks for all your efforts. It kinda sucks the way it is now. I've only been playing and testing it on ONS-MinusBadgerMeUp-V1.

Did the ion badgers get changed also? I've noticed they are super unstable and bouncy as well. Much more than I remember them to be from before.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I'll keep working on it... its a bunch of trial and error with the physics parameters.
Was it worse the the previous version? I was comparing them side by side, and perhaps I'll load up that map on the server (the masses will likely vote for it since it would have 3 mega badgers per side (plus all the badgermeup badgers).

As for Ion...I'll defer to snarf, its part I think of CSBadgerFix
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

CSBadgerFix hasn't changed in a long time and it has been replacing the ion badger with its own version all this time. If it's more bouncy, it's been more bouncy for at least a year or more.

@Pooty - if you changed the mega badger's mesh back to the old version, you should change the KCOMOffset back too. It should be Z=0 for the old mesh. This also means it won't be 'fixed' and missiles/avrils will not be able to hit it. Also might have trouble entering/exiting since the exits will be below the ground.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I did try that. I haven't been able to test the avril thing; Doesn't the increased size mitigate that?

However, the Badgertaur was using MoreBadgers_Anim.ukx where as the regular badgers used Badger_Ani.ukx
And Badgertaur on my edits 2.2 and earlier used Badgertaur_Anim.ukx
I'll guess MoreBadgers_Anim has the same problem with the mesh?

Some poor project control there...If it was my dev staff they'd get a talking to.

So barring all that, try this out McLovin: ONS-MinusBadgerMeUp-Beta23-TESTING.ut2 its on the server.
It has the original Beta23 mylevel Badger: Megabadger
2.2 Version: Megabadger 2.2 (this is the one you originally complained about)
2.3 Version: Megabadger 2.3 (that I released a few days ago)
2.4 Version: Megabadger 24. (just did, with some other changes, this one is very hard to tip..maybe too hard?)

But try them an let me know. ( I am sure some will vote for it..)
pooty

Post by pooty »

Ok so same problem with Missle Locks in More_Badgers collision mesh, they end up in the dirt.

So I'll work on params from there..that's a must have, we can't have a bug where missles go into the ground.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Try 2.42 version, On server now. It uses fixed Mesh so avrils hit.

I had to increase vehicle mass to reduce wobble. Tried lots of different KParams and they seemed to be ignored.
I did add some extra damage from shock, and extra momentum so you can still push it around with shock/shock balls.. as compensation.
So unlike Mino which takes 5x damage from bio, Mega takes normal damage, however, Mino has resistance to many other types of damage, Mega does not. Mega can get bounced by heavy tank shots, Mino does not.