3x2 matches and spectate

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
McLovin
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

3x2 matches and spectate

Post by McLovin »

When playing matches with less than 2,3,4 human players in-game, if you need to pause and spectate, DON'T. Please, go back to the server browser and join as spectate only.

If you use the spectate button while in-game, the server will reshuffle the teams to weird results. For example, say a 3x2 match is in progress. Somebody wants to drop out, take a call, etc, if they hit spectate directly, the teams reshuffle to something like 3x0, 3 humans against 0 (all bots) etc. It's F'd up I know, but what the server does.

And who are you sadistic F'ers that join a 1x1, 2x2 match anyways? LOL I usually sit idle/stand down until another human shows up until it is even/fair play.
pooty

Re: 3x2 matches and spectate

Post by pooty »

So are you saying that if you spec in game vs. disconnect the reshuffle is messed up? Between EvenMatch and UAdminMod the teams should always get balanced with even humans.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

pooty wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:36 am So are you saying that if you spec in game vs. disconnect the reshuffle is messed up? Between EvenMatch and UAdminMod the teams should always get balanced with even humans.
Yup. It has always done this with low body-count games, even before all the mods that we turned on in the last year or more.

And switching doesn't always work either. It says it switches you, but as soon as you join, you end up back on the same team you started with.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Here is a test case that happened today.

Match Date Mon, Jun 21 2021, 6:36:04 PM
Game Type Onslaught
Map Name ONS-ScorpionCanyonTurbo-V1

Blue team: BIG_FloPPies
Red team: AlphAZender

The game was coming to a close and I joined at the last moment so I could vote for the next map. After I joined, I accidentally hit spectate. The result was AlphAZender got switched to Blue team with BIG_FloPPies. The Red team was left with all bots.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Sounds like what ever mod is counting the spectators somehow. I've no idea how to fix it...