-bored

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
ankeedo

Re: -bored

Post by ankeedo »

Enyo wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:24 pm
ankeedo wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:53 am
FuriousRabbit wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:11 pm To me, the need for large rotation limits is strange. Have you ever played soccer? How many times do you complain that the pitch is exactly the same? Forcing large rotation limits so that a few players don't get bored seems very risky on a very sparsely populated server.
Agreed,

but it's FOOTBALL, not Soccer, it's real football which is played by foot only. :lol:
SOCCER is for weenies…

Proof: https://youtu.be/Lvdaibo9xZY
there is WORLD Football for humans and US Football for animals...
Enyo
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by Enyo »

ankeedo wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:49 pm there is WORLD Football for humans and US Football for animals...
I prefer baseball or boxing over either.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Last night was

ArcticJunkyard randomizer
Minus KitchenSink Randomizer
Dria Randomizer
Desert Junkyard Randomizer
Nevermore Pootylicious
HomeSweetHome
Valarna
ArcticJunkyard randomizer (again)

I went ahead and removed Omni server from my favorites :cry: It's been fun, at least when decent maps were voted. Our players forgot how to play without spawn killing with OP vehicles.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Sad to see.

Sadly, those maps keep the server numbers up, people love to play those. I've tried increasing the map rotation, it just makes the player count drop.

But hey at least Mass Destruction wasn't on that list.
infinitecat

Post by infinitecat »

captainsnarf wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:14 am I went ahead and removed Omni server from my favorites :cry: It's been fun, at least when decent maps were voted. Our players forgot how to play without spawn killing with OP vehicles.
Cap'n, did you not have a hand in creating some of those OP weapons?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I created
Pallas
Spanker
Bomber planes (4)
Mechs (6?)
Dark Railtank
Dark Leviathan
Portal saucer
trickboard

I've modded a few others to make them work, like the drop ship, but I wouldn't call them my creations.

I would say the mechs are OP, but the rest are regular vehicles. Pallas has been nerfed quite a bit. The spanker is powerful but no more so than a regular badger imo. The dark vehicles have low health. The portal saucer is best used making portals, not attacking.

They are all popular, so in that regard I think they are a success. It was not my intent that they are always voted for. We have over a hundred maps on the server. Only a handful have my vehicles on them, yet those are always voted (randomizers). I always vote for maps with a few, regular vehicles. Classic ONS. They never win though.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Classic ONS. They never win though.
Admins should force at least one map per night that isn't on heavy rotation.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:10 am I always vote for maps with a few, regular vehicles. Classic ONS. They never win though.
Yeah, but that’s expecting players to go from driving a Lamborghini (aka Starbolt) back to driving a Honda (Raptor). It’s hard to go back.

Why not just try to embrace the newer vehicles and get really good at them (and ONS) instead? Doesn’t seem like you’ve given that an honest effort. Seems to me your biggest issue is the quality of players…
captainsnarf wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:14 am Our players forgot how to play without spawn killing with OP vehicles.
This is no different than before the roster of new vehicles, the spam whores would just camp the mino and dragon instead. The majority of Omni players have never fully embraced what ONS is really about.

There’s a few that have come around, but believe it or not the ONS player quality on CEONSS is even worse. I personally don’t understand the mentality, but it seems like most just want to play vehicle DM and not engage in the objectives of ONS. Whatever, makes them easy pickings, you should stay and just get better at ONS, your DM skills are already very good.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
infinitecat

Post by infinitecat »

captainsnarf wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:10 am
I've modded a few others to make them work, like the drop ship, but I wouldn't call them my creations.
Well, I still thank you for your service.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Thank you for the kind words guys.

I do try to go to nodes when I play ONS. It's one of the reasons I dislike MassD so much - I feel like I'm the only one on my team getting killed repeatedly going to nodes. I'm sure I will still join the server. Removing it from my favorites is a way for me to stop going habitually. I go, hoping it will be masterbath, bitchslap, gordons, tyrant and usually end up disappointed playing minus junkyard all night.

I still don't know how you score so high going to nodes Enyo. :) I go to the nodes, I just don't get as many points.