Master server shutting down on Jan 24th

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
infinitecat

Re: Master server shutting down on Jan 24th

Post by infinitecat »

The Onslaught game-list (which is the only game0type I'm interested in) now has two servers, so this might be an internet problem. I now see Bellum (An Onslaught server of which I'm unfamiliar)

I see other servers available in the other game-types (I.E. Assault, Invasion) but I can be sure it's a complete list. (See above)

Update: I unchecked Standard Servers and VOILA! many more servers. Which is weird as I've had Standard Servers checked, like, forever and always had plenty of choices.

The Bellum server (Onslaught) has a VERY impressive home screen outlining the Epic problem and offering several options to install Openspy. Check it out.

The Bellum info assures me that as long as I've Favorited the many Unreal servers I habituate I, even as a Mac user, will be fine whether the Openspy update works on my computer or not.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by pooty »

The Bellum server (Onslaught) has a VERY impressive home screen outlining the Epic problem and offering several options to install Openspy. Check it out.

The Bellum info assures me that as long as I've Favorited the many Unreal servers I habituate I, even as a Mac user, will be fine whether the Openspy update works on my computer or not.
Yes, we had that mutator on our server but the early versions messed up the team balancer. We have one now that updates you to openspy automatically (since in 6 days there's no more Epic servers anyway so why would you NOT want to upgrade?)

Yes, favorites are stored local and you can easily check if the openspy update worked by looking at the News tab when you click Join Game it will say something about openspy.
infinitecat

Post by infinitecat »

I'm pleased to report that my geriatric l'il Mac has been successfully upgraded to Openspy. Thanks for all the due diligence to keep the Unreal dream alive.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

333 networks released their own master server thing.

We should probably turn off our 'SimpleServerSwitcher' mutator now since it's hard coded to openspy and will overwrite their master server setting if they change it to 333 networks.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Okay turned off the SimpleServerSwitcher.

The 333 networks one doesn't seem to be complete yet. "it doesn't even have proper logging yet, it's an UNSTABLE version" that was from yesterday on their discord.

Good thing is we have master server mirror so once theirs is up we can report our server to both!
trans_lux

Post by trans_lux »

Is the Omni server offline? Not able to connect atm.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

trans_lux wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:24 pm Is the Omni server offline? Not able to connect atm.
It appears to be. I just tried to start it up from the NFO site but it failed. I think we're gonna have to get pooty involved.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
trans_lux

Post by trans_lux »

Enyo wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:40 pm
trans_lux wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:24 pm Is the Omni server offline? Not able to connect atm.
It appears to be. I just tried to start it up from the NFO site but it failed. I think we're gonna have to get pooty involved.
Thanks for checking!
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

trans_lux wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:53 pm
Enyo wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:40 pm
Thanks for checking!
I've emailed pooty and submitted a ticket to NFO. Seems they've tried restarting it a couple times, but no joy. Not sure wtf is going on.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
leon

Post by leon »

All servers working but Omni.
Time to get drunk or wait a little?