Server/Scoring Testing..

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Server/Scoring Testing..

Post by pooty »

So the link vehicles you don't get heal points are Goat Sucker, Wraith 2nd Turret, and Odin 2nd/3rd turrets, alt-fire. These don't get heal bonus, even though they will heal friendlies (nodes/vehicles) but they can heal themselves as they vampire link enemy vehicles -- they will get damage points doing that, so I think that's balanced out, not sure we need to change them.

Normal LinkShaft/LinkBeam is excluded from Damage Points. Meaning if you link beam an enemy vehicle there's no damage points....as I think about that, not sure why that is... you won't get Damage points from using the beam on friendlies (that's excluded by the original code only get damage if something is injured and on the other team) or nodes. So maybe we should let the link shaft get damage points too. The original code also excluded link plasma from damage points too but I allowed it in the recent change, since it made no sense to exclude it.

As long as link tank uses ONSLinkTankWeapon it works for healing, I know there's at least three variations of the link tank, not sure what they use, not sure what's changed, except health and secondary/tertiary seats. One of my back burner projects was to fix up a LinkTank package that unified all the link tanks and link scorpion (badger is already done). I guess this can go on the testing heap.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I set Damage Points at 800. Lets play a few days and see how it goes.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Damage points seemed to be working reliably tonight, nice work pooty/snarf! I made a point to attack levis when I could with flyers to see if it worked and it did every time. 800 seems to be a good threshold, the damage points weren't adding up too fast.

However, the stats DB page is not working again, no games logged from today. Anything to do with the edits made?
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

However, the stats DB page is not working again, no games logged from today. Anything to do with the edits made?
IDK, looks like it logged stuff from last night: https://www.omnipotents.com/utstats/mat ... match=2849

Yes, lets see how the points go. Only thing I thought we might want is a cap on points per shot. Meaning things like Mino/Levi etc. would only add a max value to the point total. eg. Mino shot for 1600, but as that comes in we cap it to say whatever the point total per 1pt is.. in our case 800, that way you get Max 1 pt per shot (per target) no matter how OP the vehicle is, but not sure we need it.

I think we will start seeing a bit of difference in balance..the damage points really reward players who take the power vehicles--they will score higher in say an Ion Tank vs someone just tooling around in badger, or just lobbing avrils trying to steal kills....
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

OK, I was mistaken... so the stats DB is logging the matches, but nobody's stats are updating anymore. Started the day after the damage points fixes.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Can you be more specific?
https://www.omnipotents.com/utstats/pla ... ?player=36
Shows matches you played yesterday... what isn't getting updated?
And Damage Points on/off/broken wouldn't have any effect, the stats just gets a log file from the game, so whatever points you get in game get put in that file and shipped over to the StatsDB.