Bittersands feedback...

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Bittersands feedback...

Post by pooty »

Would have been nice to have bit more balance on its first go..
That being said, it needs more flyers at the core, I think I'll move Skyminer from 6/8 to cores, maybe add a badger at 6/8.

5 is a big reward node, but not sure I like the link layout 9-5-10... might play with that.
captainsnarf

Re: Bittersands feedback...

Post by captainsnarf »

It's all about 5. You can win without it but it's super easy to get cut off if they get it. Receiving a dark levi there might be too much. It might be more balanced if you don't get anything at 5, maybe double damage but that's it, no power vehicles. A different node layout would fix it too.

The flying pod things are neat!
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yeah. I feel like a levi is kind of fun on this map, do you keep it inside or take it for an outside spin. The hard part is once you lose 5 you don't get a direct way there from the core, even for the flyers. I think having the two primaries single link out and then 5 can multilink to other nodes. So you might get 5 up but make it harder to hold (kind of like TAL).

There's a few other maps where the pods might be fun, especially if there's more 3d play (Spambox upyours), or they might be fun in a more infantry themed map (Spiffingrad where you could hide in a building and pop out). Once I finish up Bittersands I have a version of Operahouse they might work on.
pooty

Post by pooty »

ONS-Bittersands-)o(-V3

Changed node layout. 6/8 (corners) are cut off to five. So both primaries single link to nodes, and path to five is at least 3. (Probably should have taken a screenshot )
Moved Skyminer from 6/8 to Cores. Added Ballista in place at 6/8
Added GooVenom at 1/2, CSVenom (Gpolice) at the far primaries. So you get more flyers to attack the middle nodes.

Couple of thoughts.. use of grapple gun at the start could really move the team. Let the slower ones bring up the power (mino, dragon, hurricane).
5 should be harder to hold, but build it grab the levi/wraith etc. and move to the other nodes. Also recall there's a switch to close doors at 7/11 (foot traffic only from middle), same at 5 to close the doors there..

Lets see how this plays out.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Played it last night, played much better. Definitely much better with battles in the middle. Comms are key here with all the node interconnects. Phrozen did a great job with the mino inside while the rest of us worked the perimeter.

I did think it might be more fun to put the Dark Levi at the core(s) instead of a reward vehicle at 5. Perhaps replace the Dark Paladin.