Unable to dodge

Got a Glitch? Always Lagging? Need help with anything technical? Want to move off Windows XP?
TotalBurn

Unable to dodge

Post by TotalBurn »

Hey everyone!

Ive been absent for almost a year it seems. Anyway, a lot has changed and I am no longer able to dodge on Omni. Weird I know, but dodging does not work. It works fine off line and on other servers.

My keys are:

Forward - Up Arrow
Backward - Down arrow
Left strafe - Left arrow
Right strafe - Right arrow

Could it be a mod/mutator?
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Unable to dodge

Post by captainsnarf »

Couple things to try:

1) Hit F5, go to misc menu, enable 'enhanced net' if it's not enabled. If it is enabled, try disabling it.
2) Open User.ini, find 'ConfiguredInternetSpeed', change it to 13600.

Enhanced net affects dodging. So does your internet speed/ping time.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Whoa you use arrow keys for movement? So then where do you put all the other controls like crouching and getting in/out of vehicles? Are they on your mouse?
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

captainsnarf wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:46 am Couple things to try:

1) Hit F5, go to misc menu, enable 'enhanced net' if it's not enabled. If it is enabled, try disabling it.
2) Open User.ini, find 'ConfiguredInternetSpeed', change it to 13600.

Enhanced net affects dodging. So does your internet speed/ping time.
Thanks! I do recall editing my ini to change my net speed (I decreased it) So that could be the culprit. Gonna try that tomorrow and should be back to normal.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:48 am Whoa you use arrow keys for movement? So then where do you put all the other controls like crouching and getting in/out of vehicles? Are they on your mouse?
Alt fire - NumPad 0 (While using arrows to move, my thumb hit the num 0
Jump - Right mouse
Fire - Left mouse
Shift - crouch
Space bar - Use / get in out etc

It sounds really off the wall but been doing it this way since the beginning lol
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

Are you using https://github.com/alexstrout/foxWSFix-UT2k4? Revert to default HUD and it will work again.
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

Anonymous. wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:41 am Are you using https://github.com/alexstrout/foxWSFix-UT2k4? Revert to default HUD and it will work again.
Oh yes. Since Oct of 2020... If for whatever reason that is the issue, I will have to play on Omni from the old pc. I would rather lose dodging than go back to the old resolution/aspect ratio :D
infinitecat

Post by infinitecat »

Yes, you can still Dodge, but if you want to Plymouth you're out of luck. :D
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

TotalBurn wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:17 am
Anonymous. wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:41 am Are you using https://github.com/alexstrout/foxWSFix-UT2k4? Revert to default HUD and it will work again.
Oh yes. Since Oct of 2020... If for whatever reason that is the issue, I will have to play on Omni from the old pc. I would rather lose dodging than go back to the old resolution/aspect ratio :D
It's just a few ini entries..
ds8k

Post by ds8k »

The widescreen fix does more than adjust the HUD, and if you play on an ultrawide like myself then it isn't really optional. Removing the fix for one server isn't a good trade.

I have this problem too, but it's not consistent. Sometimes I can't dodge at all, sometimes I can dodge-jump once, or get the full quad jump. I also don't have this issue on any of the other servers I play on.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Try changing this value in F5 menu -> misc

I'm not sure if you need to go lower or higher. It's the 'desired network update rate' for movement. It has no effect on anything else. I'm not sure if changing it will fix anything but something to try.