Abuse of power ..

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
ankeedo

Abuse of power ..

Post by ankeedo »

Today admin McLovin kicked me off minusbadgermeup map
Only because he will lose the game!!!

And I think that his argument is that the balance is not equal, and here some points must be clarified:

1- Is there a law that prevents entering the game when there is a difference in the number of players between the two teams? And if there was a law, why didn't he use it against dognuts who broke this law many times, if any??
2- Does the presence of the admin in the game as a player give him the right to kick a player if he does not like the player for any reason (apart from breaking the well-known laws), for example, because he did not adhere to the instructions of his game plan?? This happened with another admin.
3- How is the number of players increased and the balance achieved if players are prevented from joining the game when it is 1:1 for example?

In my opinion, it is really shameful for an admin to do such childish actions to win a game that was originally created for fun and not to win money or titles.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Abuse of power ..

Post by pooty »

I'll let McLovin chime in to as for why.

With respect to your questions:
1. No rules against joining at any time. Often players will wait or spec out of courtesy, but there's no server rule against it.

2. No admin should not be kicking for anything other than what's in the server rules, even then clear warning should be given. Now with respect to instructions, admins should be clear there's admin instructions and player instructions. Even if the noobs (you're not a noob ankeedo) take the mino that's not kickable. If they camp it take it every time and just waste it (or any other power vehicle, nuke, linknuke etc.) then perhaps some discipline is called for.. a simple bitch-slap will remove them. Wasting power vehicles repeatedly can be considered team sabotage. Everyone can try them during non busy times, and even have a go or two during prime time, but its not for practice and not for camping/wasting..

3. See #1.

It does tip the balance quite a bit going 1v1 to 1v2, but not much else you can do, more people have to join at some point.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

There is no rule against joining at any time. I was still sore at you for throwing a competitive game 2 days prior where you joined and won a balanced 2x2. Of course, any team you join will win. There is no rule against it, but it's not very good sportsmanship.

Was I in the right for kicking you when you joined a 1x1? No, I was wrong, won't happen again. BTW: Reshred's team won the match without your help.

I wish the game was capable of balancing teams by holding new joins in a waiting box until another joins, but that's not possible. It certainly would make the low head count games more enjoyable. In a 1x1, 2x2 any team with an extra player is sure to dominate.

I've seen many versions of people trying to deal with this problem.
1. Some will idle until another player joins (Dog says this all the time).
2. Others ask and coordinate with another spectating before they join.
3. I quit and return as a spectator to avoid the auto-shuffle if you go directly to spectate.

The goal is to make the game competitive and fun for all. Total domination by having an extra player is douche at best. But there is no rule against it.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I wish the game was capable of balancing teams by holding new joins in a waiting box until another joins, but that's not possible. It certainly would make the low head count games more enjoyable. In a 1x1, 2x2 any team with an extra player is sure to dominate.
I think we can, but not sure how that would go over. Certainly during primetime it would be hated, I don't want to get on and have to wait 14 minutes (max round time) or more to join.

The other thing is, I've seen where in the early evening, once you get 2 or 3 player a side more start coming in, whereas in a 1v1 or 2v2 most of the masses won't join (they will go play elsewhere (MIA or CEONSS)). So at times its good to build 'critical mass' sooner.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

McLovin wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:30 am I wish the game was capable of balancing teams by holding new joins in a waiting box until another joins, but that's not possible. It certainly would make the low head count games more enjoyable. In a 1x1, 2x2 any team with an extra player is sure to dominate.
This is not a good idea. Like pooty said, it could cause people to sit for a long time in spec waiting for another player to join, not very fair to those that want to get in ASAP or who may have a limited amount of time to play. I think a lot of people would say screw it and leave, further hurting the sometimes already low player counts. I think this would hurt the whole to benefit the few.

Also consider that sometimes a 1v1 or 2v2 match can be grossly unbalanced in terms of player skill. Xexx and leon on a team vs Javiar and Bonzo is not very fair, would you be against someone like me or Dognuts joining the Javiar/Bonzo team to help balance skill, even though it would be 2v3?
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Yeah waiting to join is pretty annoying. Other games do it and I swear I spend half my time staring at my phone while waiting to enter a match.

Remember how the assault servers have the "reinforcements" countdowns? It's a cool concept but I dont think it'll go well when fewer than 100 people in the world regularly play ut2004.