Laggy vehicles reporting thread...

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Laggy vehicles reporting thread...

Post by pooty »

So,
I cleaned up the fire vehicles to reduce the lag, mostly by turning off the Dynamic Light on the flames/flame projectiles. That's the part where each emitter casts light that's then shown/computed off the other surfaces. Watching the stats (you can stat all), the number of triangles rendered with Dynamic light went up by 10-30x or more, which dropped the frame rates---this was all locally.

The point of this thread is if you notice any vehicles that when firing cause a big lag/fps drop let us know and we can take a look at fixing them. Please specify the map as well... many of the vehicles get "embedded" in the map so there can be multiple versions (which as I've said was the wrong way to do it--its nice that you don't need all the vehicle files but poor in the sense difficult to change/track).
captainsnarf

Re: Laggy vehicles reporting thread...

Post by captainsnarf »

Nice find!

I actually removed all of the emitters on the fire projectiles testing this out. I also changed the projectile itself to a plain old static mesh. It still lagged so I gave up.

I didn't think about the dynamic light on the projectile.
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

The Nephthys drops my framerate faster than anything else, especially if caught in the energy vortex for max duration. I haven't seen it being used for anything other than spawnkilling either.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Super Sanka wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:57 am I haven't seen it being used for anything other than spawnkilling either.
Yeah it was happening so much I modified it - 6 spawn kills and you die :lol: :D