Fire Vehicles...Fire Tank, Fire Manta, Fire Raptor

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
Enyo
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Fire Vehicles...Fire Tank, Fire Manta, Fire Raptor

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:34 pm Some things do NOT burn like Nodes, things that take burn damage are players and vehicles. So expect way more damage on those flammable things than vs. nodes / cores.
This is not entirely true. No burn damage if you hit a node directly, but if you hit just to the side of a node the flames will burn it. Ifrit will sometimes take a node down in one shot that way, depending on node HP.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Can we remove the smoke screens? They are one of my least favorite new game mechanics that have been added. It's hard to tell how hindered your opponent is when they are in one, and when you are in them yourself it's just annoying more than anything.

Useful or not, they make the game less fun.
pooty

Post by pooty »

This is not entirely true. No burn damage if you hit a node directly, but if you hit just to the side of a node the flames will burn it. Ifrit will sometimes take a node down in one shot that way, depending on node HP.
Correct, not sure why the it doesn't burn on the node. I looked at the code and was trying to figure out why...
Can we remove the smoke screens? They are one of my least favorite new game mechanics that have been added. It's hard to tell how hindered your opponent is when they are in one, and when you are in them yourself it's just annoying more than anything.
For the Draco the idea was set a smoke screen and then fly in with cover to finish them off.
For the Fire Tank its been there since beginning, its as you described a bit of two edged sword.

I kind of like them, they add an element (hindering vision) that really nothing else has... but I'll defer to the community..
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

If the community doesn’t like the Draco smoke idea that’s fine. I’d keep the tank smoke though. It really helps strategically on ArcticJunkyard to prevent the ion from being able to hit your primary. If you smoke out the hill by the archway they can’t aim to make the shot.
pooty

Post by pooty »

We added it to the Draco as feature.... since the shot itself does little damage.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Yeah. I like the draco smoke screen myself.
pooty

Post by pooty »

also there was a possible bug for those doing double damage (Calling HurtRadius twice)
So I noticed and it might have been this change, that FireTank and Ifrit alt-fire (they are the same) don't do nearly as much damage now to nodes. They still beat the crap out of vehicles with up to 1000 pts. While this is a nerf somewhat I think it balances them a bit more, they end up more like the FireManta (Cheurefe) where quite damaging to other vehicles, nodes not so much. I could figure out a way to put it back, but I think it works, especially as things are getting damage reduced, plus it gives the different vehicles different characteristics besides skins.

Also, I need to update some maps, as I updated the Firehound (last march actually) it has a useful primary/driver weapon (similar ot firebug) and the back turret works like the other benders-- good for anti-air.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:33 am Yeah. I like the draco smoke screen myself.
Agree, please do not change the smoke screen on the Draco. It’s the main feature that makes the Draco much more useful than it used to be. I can definitively say I’ve cause many mino gunners to lose sight of my Draco because of the smoke screen. I mean, sure it’s annoying for those that get caught in it, it’s supposed to be.

Now, the Draco explosion I could do without. That does little more than just kill the occupants that try to escape before it dies. I can’t recall the explosion ever once working to my advantage by taking out an enemy vehicle or node with its death explosion.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Now, the Draco explosion I could do without. That does little more than just kill the occupants that try to escape before it dies. I can’t recall the explosion ever once working to my advantage by taking out an enemy vehicle or node with its death explosion.
I could reduce that and the firebug explosion too. The hope was it would take out enemies, but it does only seem to make sure to kill the driver...
pooty

Post by pooty »

2.94 - Reduced Explosions for Draco, Firebug. They still do damage, and I set them to do lots more damage to Vehicles. The explosion is slightly bigger than default explosion, but now < than the original Draco/Firebug.

Slightly reduced damage from FireManta, it was pretty much always one shotting infantry (and still might), but it was a bit too powerful.