OLD Players

captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: OLD Players

Post by captainsnarf »

ItsMeAgain wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:16 pm I got it, it was in the animations ... moving on to functionality. Going to attempt a Link Flyer. Seems we are missing this, except for the wraith.
I recommend checking out LinkTank for some guidance on converting a Weapon (used by players) to an ONSWeapon (used by vehicles). It already has the tricky bits figured out. For the most part you can attach the link tank weapon to the raptor and then switch the weapon mesh to be the raptor's instead of link tank turret.

You can download any of the mods on the server from the redirect. They are compressed and you need to use the 'ucc decompress' command to decompress them. Another way is to use the batchexport command on the omni-fullvehicleloadout map. It has almost everything in it and gives you a lot of code to borrow from.

When I initially started, I used the cache extractor tool to extract everything so I could play locally. This also gives you a lot of the .u and other files like textures, sounds, etc.

I had an idea for a link flyer also, but I abandoned it. I was remaking the Dropship vehicle to have healing powers like the Medivac from Starcraft. I have the textures done. I'm not sure why I abandoned it. I think I was afraid it wouldn't get used much.
pooty

Post by pooty »

There's also a link scorpion, which has a link beam similar to the second set on the wraith, and the second/third seats on the Odin.
Link flyer was popular idea, I started one too, but abandoned it for other things, but I know Enyo was in favor of it.

I thought a small, somewhat fragile, link flyer, with the healing ability like the Wraith second seat would be cool. Especially if it started with say 250 health and could go to 600. Maybe call it the Vampire or Parasite...
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:44 am Link flyer was popular idea, I started one too, but abandoned it for other things, but I know Enyo was in favor of it.
Yep, the wraith would be perfect if the link gun was the driver seat alt fire. Sooooo, my thought would be to make a Raptor style link flyer and make the alt fire the linking gun, primary just like the link tank. I would make the health slightly higher than 300 because it will be defenseless against lasers from a distance. Or, it should be very maneuverable like the falcon, not slow like the Raptor, because it has to get in close to heal nodes/vehicles.

Would think that's not too hard for our veteran vehicle maker snarf, but if ItsMeAgain wants to give it a go, do it!
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
ItsMeAgain

Post by ItsMeAgain »

I have already attached the link tank weapons to it, did run into the player vs vehicle weapon issue ... working through some minor issues. Might have gotten a little crazy with colors :)
Attachments
Image45.jpg
Image45.jpg (240.78 KiB) Viewed 3449 times
pooty

Post by pooty »

Very nice. I like the colors!
I'd check the link tank or link scorpion....
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Sweet! It looks great. Nice progress on those modding skills. :)
ItsMeAgain

Post by ItsMeAgain »

I believe i have finished this mod. I have a blue and red version of shader/texture. I have added the link tank primary and secondary. I grabbed some of the vampire logic from the WraithBellyGun. I did block vampire to only allow on occupied or damaged vehicles ... keep someone from going to other's core and charging up. I have attempted to make somewhat ready out of box but am sure it needs nerfing a bit. Currently it flies as fast and more nimble than the starbolt and the secondary weapon is quite powerful. I have attempted to follow as best i could on naming conventions.

Now, the next step, how do i get this into a map or in a map on the server? Just pass you the code or binary files ? build my own map :( haven't gotten that far in my latest hobby :)
pooty

Post by pooty »

I did block vampire to only allow on occupied or damaged vehicles ... keep someone from going to other's core and charging up. I
Aww Man, that's half the fun. I do this with the Wraith all the time, fly to a locked node, find an empty vehicle and charge up. I'd say leave it in, as if you're spending too much time doing that you're not building/destroying nodes..
have attempted to make somewhat ready out of box but am sure it needs nerfing a bit. Currently it flies as fast and more nimble than the starbolt and the secondary weapon is quite powerful. I have attempted to follow as best i could on naming conventions.
That's definitely, IMO, too much. Starbolt is fast but fragile. Maybe make this about as fast/manuverable as the Wasp Series II.? With the link and self heal, being that fast would make it very OP...
Now, the next step, how do i get this into a map or in a map on the server? Just pass you the code or binary files ?
You can post the .u files (or .u and code) to a file upload service (onedrive, dropbox etc.) and I can pull it down and put it on the server. Usually I'll either put it on one map to test (eg. liek Torlan Mech TEST) or put it on the vehicle loadout map to play with and make sure there's no conflicts. If the textures/meshes aren't in the .u file I'll need those too.
pooty

Post by pooty »

See this viewtopic.php?p=944&sid=b94d5b281d0b64e ... e05ad#p944
for Max Speed. I think we should avoid having any flyers faster than Wyvern or Starbolt...
ItsMeAgain

Post by ItsMeAgain »

I will add back the vampire on locked vehicles :) I will make the specs similar to wasp series ii. Health wise, i would like to init at 300 and allow a max of 450 due to vampire, currently is set to 20000, bots are annoying :). I will tweak to honor the guidelines page as best i can. I knew it needed nerfing, just never been in mindset of how to make balanced.

I will be out of town for a week due to holidays, but will push to a shared drive come monday 29th, after i tweak with these suggestions.
Thanks again for all the help!!!
ima