Next Map Edits for 2021

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Next Map Edits for 2021

Post by pooty »

Let me know when its done, I'll put the updated vehicle pack on later this afternoon if its ready.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty

Post by pooty »

Hmm. its got a bug. Alligator works fine, but when in the water I switch to the second seat, no damage which is good, but then switching back to Driver, can't move. I can exit, but can't move/turn. Even getting back in, same thing its stuck. Only happens in the water, on land is fine.

I've left it on the server so you can test it, and I think the Minotaur/Omnitaur fix is in there.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

The only new code was for the TakeDamage function to ignore 'Drowned' type. I may have broke something? Here is an update
pooty

Post by pooty »

Still working on these:
1. IslandHop/AlienHop - Flooded version (really back to the original) of AlienHop. Have Gators and Boats. This one is getting close to testing.
2. Updated SlatedWorld.. vehicle teleporter to the "islands" is done; this will have lots of newer vehicles lots of flyers. Might even consider putting a Mech or two. (likely shockatron) might be fun to have a flyer push a mech off the islands...
3. Expanded OperaHouse, haven't touched in a while....

A couple of other edits on the list:
DryIce - I want to update the vehicles - we've played a few times and it's OK, but I think the vehicle mix at the cores and big primary 2/8 needs adjusted -- maybe a troop carrier at core to help swat those nasty flyers (starbolt, falcon, predator/reaper). And perhaps a nice turret at 2/8 (twin beams on the hill as well.) this might be like YEAAHH's idea of almost a "second core" -- but if you give it to the enemy -- yikes. Some other vehicles in the mix CSRhino (its fast, and second seat has hurricane like lasers), maybe a spider tank too. There's a short circuit that spawns near 2/8 which comes from 4/6 which IMO is too much..as its halfway to 2/8 and way too easy to kill that node losing both key nodes. If anyone has other ideas let me know.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

DryIce is so big I never want to get in a tank/car vehicle. I always grab any flyer. If none available I teleport around until I find one. If I must, I'll grab the dropship and carry a random tank somewhere (but I try not to get the mino unless someone wants a ride).

Maybe more flyers and more anti-flyer vehicles, possibly another dropship spawn.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:14 am DryIce is so big I never want to get in a tank/car vehicle. I always grab any flyer. If none available I teleport around until I find one. If I must, I'll grab the dropship and carry a random tank somewhere (but I try not to get the mino unless someone wants a ride).

Maybe more flyers and more anti-flyer vehicles, possibly another dropship spawn.
Same here... somebody's getting in the tanks, I kill plenty of them in my flyers well before they reach their destination, lol.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain