How many maps/how long should the Map Rotation be?

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums

How many maps/how long should the Map Rotation be?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:57 am

0 - Lets play Minus Mega Arena endlessly
No votes
2-3 Democracy, Mob rule in action.
17%
4-5 Lets let the people decide, and who cares if we play Minus 4 times in a row
33%
8-9 Should be enough not to play the same ones every night, maybe.
No votes
15 Where it is now..
33%
18+ I love variety its the spice of life
17%

Total votes: 12

leon

Re: How many maps/how long should the Map Rotation be?

Post by leon »

February 1 we played Dria V18. I tried to vote it today but it still locked. Why???
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by pooty »

Its 15 maps, however long it takes human players to cycle through.
It looks like its available now. It might be that some of the during the day players select it and then its out of rotation for 15 maps.
leon

Post by leon »

Dria V18 is still locked (7 days already), AJR V21 locked, minos V21 locked. Impossible to play maps with good flyers several days. But mega arena yesterday was played too in a row. I don't complain but that's discrimination.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

leon wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:08 pm Dria V18 is still locked (7 days already), AJR V21 locked, minos V21 locked. Impossible to play maps with good flyers several days. But mega arena yesterday was played too in a row. I don't complain but that's discrimination.
From the stats page:
https://omnipotents2.site.nfoservers.com/utstats/

Dria V18 was last played, from what I can tell:
Tue, Feb 01 2022, 9:54:48 PM [UTAN] Omnip)o(tentS 2.0 Ons... Onslaught ONS-Dria-Randomizer-V18

Don't know why it would still be out-of-rotation.

Mega-Arena sometimes I'll force it if everyone on the server at that moment agrees. Yesterday, it was early in the day and only a few were playing. A lopsided quick match ended early and everyone was screaming again, again. So I reloaded it for them.

pooty

Post by pooty »

Don't know why it would still be out-of-rotation.
Someone is likely playing it during the day by themselves. We don't track 1 player matches in the stats. When I posted it was available for vote on Feb 6th.
leon

Post by leon »

8pm. Just played sweet home, then I checked maps. All three randomizer maps I was talking about are locked (I have pictures of those maps from today).
I think somebody does it on purpose. Some ppl with high ping, “tank” guys or mega lovers (take mega-shoot-die, take mega-shoot-die… and 1 hour like this).
Can we find out who makes them locked?
pooty

Post by pooty »

I'll look something isn't right, either some kind of bug, someone is going in a voting those out of rotation.
pooty

Post by pooty »

It appears the rotation is working, I'll keep an eye out during the day and see who's voting those in.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Culprit has been identified, as deliberatly forcing maps out of rotation. Admins will decide what to do. This qualifies, under server rules as being a dick.

The culprit, who may be named later, is a player coming in afternoon and deliberately voting certain maps out of rotation. They've done it repeatedly and consistently for the last 5 or 6 days... logs show them voting a map, then immediately voting another and so on.

Anyone in the community have any thoughts what the course of action should be?

In the meantime, I am going to reduce the rotation to 5
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

I saw someone a few days ago ripping thru maps. I think it was over the weekend, not during prime time. There was someone else spectating and the person would vote, load, wait till voting was an option and vote another map. Watched three maps cycle in as many minutes. As what to do with the offender I have two schools of thought. Bastard or idiot.

1. You can prove intent OR its probable. A 5 day ban and message explaining why and also the ill effects of the actions.
2. The person can claim stupidity. No ban, but messaging as mentioned with the caveat if it happens again, 5 day ban.

As admins you have the tough job of judging people who vote and play a map during the day when no one is online vs someone doing it on purpose to take maps out of rotation.