How many maps/how long should the Map Rotation be?

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums

How many maps/how long should the Map Rotation be?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:57 am

0 - Lets play Minus Mega Arena endlessly
No votes
2-3 Democracy, Mob rule in action.
17%
4-5 Lets let the people decide, and who cares if we play Minus 4 times in a row
33%
8-9 Should be enough not to play the same ones every night, maybe.
No votes
15 Where it is now..
33%
18+ I love variety its the spice of life
17%

Total votes: 12

TotalBurn

Re: How many maps/how long should the Map Rotation be?

Post by TotalBurn »

Wouldnt it have been easier to DL from the redirect server? Or if you had to have them in cache, just play + DL on the server as the maps come up. I cleared my cache and got 90% of the maps back in 3 days of spectating/playing.

https://www.omnipotents.com/omni-ut2004-redirect/
amightytribble

Post by amightytribble »

I tried that with no success. I was troubleshooting a problem and trying several steps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by pooty »

Yes, you can download them from the redirect, and uncompress them locally
https://forums.epicgames.com/unreal-tou ... -uz2-files

You can also use a cache extractor - https://www.fileplanet.com/archive/p-35 ... tor-v1-5-0

So amightytribble, our issue was that other players were complaining about the maps out of rotation, and you used various different names each day (FelixFromPhoenix, ChaseField etc). Makes it look awfully suspicious, especially with many days of repeated voting, I think you get that. I hope this addresses the issue and we can put it in the past.

In the future if you need the maps please use the redirect for download. If there's something you really want/need and the redirect is problematic let me know and I can put specific files on this website for consumption.
infinitecat

Post by infinitecat »

I would occasionally watch Ecmerd do this but I always thought it was in some official capacity to reset the maps for whatever reason. Now I can once again sleep without my mind being troubled by confusion.. :lol:
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

I agree with pooty... based on you changing your name every time, and doing it on only the same set of the most popular maps 5 days in a row, added to the fact you incessantly complain about every one of those maps, it looks intentional. Even if it wasn't intentional, you're certainly bright enough to understand what you did takes those maps out of the rotation for the evening, which is at the very least highly annoying to the entire community. Now, thanks to your efforts, it's also explicitly against the rules.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Can you also make a rule that you register on the forums with your in-game name. We do this on HoC.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Terminator wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:31 pm Can you also make a rule that you register on the forums with your in-game name. We do this on HoC.
Agreed!

And turn off aliasing during games. I bet I'm the last-man-standing that has not aliased yet on the new server. Bunch of fake pussays hiding behind fake names. Man up and don't hide behind a sock account.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I do not like this rule proposal :shock: 8-)

When I use 'captainsnarf' in game I always get referred to as 'captain' or 'cap', never 'snarf'. I use it here because that's always been my UT handle and easy to google.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:06 pm I do not like this rule proposal :shock: 8-)

When I use 'captainsnarf' in game I always get referred to as 'captain' or 'cap', never 'snarf'. I use it here because that's always been my UT handle and easy to google.
You could change it to c)o(mmandersnarf to get your fancy admin )o( in there.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
Tater

Post by Tater »

Sn)o(rf
Sounds like a muppet name