Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

ONS-SlatedWorld-2021

Post by pooty »

If anyone wants to test/suggest ideas:
https://www.omnipotents.com/mapdev/ONS- ... -Beta4.ut2
(You will need many of the vehicle .u files either in cache or system directory).

A couple of notes:
Big thanks to Lagzilla for doing most of the work on this previously.
  • The vehicle loadout is NOT complete, feel free to make suggestions.
    Mechs and Vehicle Teleporters don't work together (Mech materializes stuck in the floor). Vehicle teleporters only work on GROUND vehicles (not flyers). This is configurable, but I thought it didn't make sense to teleport flyers.
    Most of the flyers are updated to our latest ones.
    Levi is on there, but that likely will be either a Kraken or Pallas V2
Still a bit of work to do on this one, but its getting closer....
captainsnarf

Re: ONS-SlatedWorld-2021

Post by captainsnarf »

I needed the batterylauncherv2 package installed before this map would open.

I haven't played it yet but the first thing that stands out is the fog is a bit thick heh. The floating islands turn into white silhouettes from a distance.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Ok, I tried playing through it.

First off, nice work! This looks like it will be fun.

Some issues. First, lots of missing path nodes. The bots couldn't leave the base so I couldn't really play test it.

The ramps at 13 and 14 have different trajectories. I forget which, but one will go all the way to the center, the other almost lands you on the new little battery island, but not quite.

I managed to sneak an omega through the vehicle teleporter. Not sure that's supposed to happen.

It will need a new minimap. The current map doesn't match anymore.

It might be better to switch the nodes that 13 and 14 are connect to in the center. It's hard to tell without playing it but the way it is now it seems it's always better to go to the side islands than center since they cut off the center.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yeah I wondered on the ramps...sometimes I'd make it, sometimes not. I might have to move the battery island too.
I will say it was nice to be a Physics Volume vs Boost Volume-- Boost volume requires you to add the affected vehicle classes manually (a pain when you have multiple vehicles or change them!).

The Omega shouldn't go through, the vehicle teleporter checks if its a flying vehicle (maybe the flag isn't set?) to deny it. I'll check that code.

Yeah I haven't updated the mini-map, figured do it as one of the last things..(its a pain anyway).

As far as the node setup, yes, it might need some tweaking...hoping for something a bit different than the current slated, but node setups almost always need play -- like here, can you defend the cutoff long enough to secure it? Not sure.

And I haven't really done any bot pathing...aside from what was there. I figured wanted to set the basics ("terrain", buildings, jumps, teleporters) first. Then get to vehicles, then to pathing. Hopefully I'll have some time to work on it over the next 2 weeks.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Any updates on this?
pooty

Post by pooty »

Got the updated CSVehicleTeleporters on it and working. Just need to work on the vehicle mix now, I think the rest of it is complete.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Continuing to work on this...

So I am thinking all manner of flyers -- pretty much everything we have, except for the Fireblade which has kind of a broken hit box. So that means Falcons, Wasp, Phoenix, Aurora, GooVenom, Starbolt, Wraith, maybe a Warhawk, Predator, Reaper, Venom/Havoc from GPolice, Assorted CSBombers, likely Helix. I'd put a Dragon on but its to slow and the rest would chew it up.

Given the heavy flyers meed some other ground vehicles at the core:
At least one Bender
CSGPoliceRhino (fast and 2nd seat laser is powerful)
Some kind of big tank (Mino, Heavy Tank, Hurricane?)
Troop Carrier Armadillo
and likely a MAS (Tiamat or Kraken).
Maybe a Mech (SniperTron or ShockATron)?

Idea is the fast flyers get nodes and hold the usual (think 5/6 in the current slated) until the heavy shit moves up. A fully manned Kraken could be formidable vs. a bunch of flyers.

Outlying islands will also get at least a Tank and Bender, plus a couple of flyers...

Anyone else have any ideas for fun vehicles, combos or node vehicle loadouts? (I'm on Beta9 but that's been mostly minor fixes and addtion of vehicle teleporters (ground only) to outlying islands. I need to check a couple of things and then I'll upload for testing offline (not quite ready for server test yet -- mostly vehicle loadouts need to get done)
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

No King Hellbender please. I'd rather have regular hellbender than princess hellbender. Cerberus is much better.

Snipertron? Shockotron? How many kills you do you want Enyo to get? lol. Armadillo on a flyer map is going to be annoying to deal with. I think some vehicles will end up being most important, e.g. omega+smart player.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Might be crazy but give each team two Tiamats... making them a true barrier to certain areas.
Canon Fodder

Post by Canon Fodder »

Chupacabra would be good too. Just to fuel up a node quickly.