Q-36 Space Modulator

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Q-36 Space Modulator

Post by pooty »

Is the latest code on Git? I tried to rebuild it with adjusted hitboxes meshes, but the code errors out, on some properties on one of the classes that doesn't exist?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I guess not. Try again :)
pooty

Post by pooty »

CSMarvin 2.5 on the server.
Updated Collision Mesh. It covers most of it now.. its a little trick as we get collision boxes, and this is a disc. Before the box only covered the middle half to left/right of the driver. So shots from below in front/behind driver would "miss" (or feel like unregs). Should be better now.

Also, I added a message when you enter:
"1: TwistyLasers/AbuctionBeam 2: Portal Gun"

Upon weapon switch (1/2) gives:
"TwistyLasers/AbductionBeam Active";
PortalGunMessageString= "Portal Gun Active...";
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Can the portals be larger to accommodate bigger vehicles? Or is there a reason against that?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

You can fit a mech through them. I think the only vehicles that don't fit are the drop ship and helix.

The portals expand to the surface they are on. If it's a small surface you get a small portal.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I think the helix should fit, its not much bigger than a tank.

One thing though at times when you hit a surface/terrain that isn't flat you often get a small portal...where you'd think you'd get a bigger one. Not sure how to fix that.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

I was on HomeSweetHome and made a portal near the floor hoping to drive a tank through it. But the portal boundary would stop at where the wall met the floor. A medium size tank wouldn't fit through the hole. Why I thought it was limited in size.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

McLovin wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:04 am I was on HomeSweetHome and made a portal near the floor hoping to drive a tank through it. But the portal boundary would stop at where the wall met the floor. A medium size tank wouldn't fit through the hole. Why I thought it was limited in size.
Just shoot the portal higher on the wall to get a max size portal. As long as the bottom of it is fairly close to the ground tanks can still go through.

FYI, the Omnihelix does go through portals, I took it through one on Dria Randomizer one time.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain