Post by Super Sanka »

This has to be the vehicle horn for the vamptank. 😆

https://youtu.be/zojlK5A7FaA
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: LinkVehicles 3.0

Post by pooty »

The Stormcaster. Oh man I miss that bomb, it was so fun. Bring it back. What map had it that was deleted to never be played again?
Its on Evergreen and a couple other ones. I need to look at the code because when you pick it up it sometimes says Ion Painter instead.

Yes, that would make a good horn for that!
And need something a bit more sinister too for the alt horn.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

pooty wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:59 am
The Stormcaster. Oh man I miss that bomb, it was so fun. Bring it back. What map had it that was deleted to never be played again?
Its on Evergreen and a couple other ones. I need to look at the code because when you pick it up it sometimes says Ion Painter instead.

Yes, that would make a good horn for that!
And need something a bit more sinister too for the alt horn.
Just lower the pitch. Something about that sound clip down an octave so it sounds like the devil going SUCK SUCK SUCK would be hilarious.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Hopefully I'll have something to test this weekend.

The Tick Scorp is still problematic, but progress on the rest.
Vampire tank is coming along.... need to work on the alt-fire. It does have primary seat, primary fire drain, and second seat link "gun" that alt-fire also drains... :twisted:
pooty

Post by pooty »

Still working on them.

Spent way too much time trying to make the tick shrink/grow. Bottom line there's no way to tell the engine at runtime to update the size of the collision boxes. Mesh changes/skins can change. But the collision stays the same no matter what... even using low level actor calls LinkMesh just results in the mesh changing to a new one (with a properly sized mesh Collision box), but on the spawned vehicle collision box stays the same as when it first spawned (for those following at home, if you want to see collision boxes try an instant action game and in the console type kdraw collision... it won't work on the server).

I used a similar alt-fire for the Vampire that the Ion uses. The storm thing was quite a bit of work and not sure its worth it, as the lightning doesn't hit everyone and its stationary, and has to last for many seconds to be effective.

Alt-fire for the Tick will be a "web" similar to a webcaster. The larger the tick (more health), the more strands/points the net gets. Also going to make it sticky for more classes. The Web on the webcaster has a stickiness/sucking property that works on a few classes (Manta, Scorpions) that make it sticky. Here I'll add a few more (eg. Badgers/Benders/Tanks), so that the web will cause them to get caught and also move more toward them (like the scorpion strands do to a manta).

Most are nearly ready for testing, except the lamprey. I based that on the hornet (flying green machine gun manta) which was a shitshow, since it uses a manta body based on raptor class... needed some cleanup, but the weapon isn't working right spawns beams from world origin which makes no sense since all vehicles use the weapon bone.
infinitecat

Post by infinitecat »

That kdraw collision option is AWESOME! It gives the game a wonderful techno vibe from the early days of vector-based games.

What other cool console options you been keeping to yourself? :D
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

try 'showdebug' in console :D
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

infinitecat

Post by infinitecat »

"showdebug" was enlightening but I couldn't turn it off in-game (you tricky bastard!). Had to forfeit. No biggie as I'll probably never use it again.

But "endfullscreen" and "togglefullscreen"? That will come in handy. Thanks, Anon!

BTW, thanks to all you code monkeys for all your hard work. :idea: :!: :D
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Yeah togglefullscreen is really nice. I've used that one for a long time. My keyboard doesnt have a volume button on it so I have to get back to the desktop to fine tune it.

It's also nice for spectating.