LinkVehicles 3.0

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: LinkVehicles 3.0

Post by pooty »

So I think I might tweak the Vampire Tank a bit.

Perhaps two versions. The current version, which is pretty potent, would stay the same its good on the OP maps.

But thinking a lighter version, the Leech Tank? (Anyone have good name suggestions?)
Same speed.
Less health, maybe 700-800 max (vs. 1366, although it starts with less).
Less Damage on both weapons.
I think of it as a fast attack/build tank...but won't be quite as durable.

Both these will pretty powerful on some maps are easily killed from a distance...the only distance weapon is the turret plasma which is hard to aim at a far away target.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

I'm not necessarily opposed to it, but how close would it be to a link scorp or tick scorp? Might it be easier to just make a vampire scorpion then? That way it'd be visually easy to tell them apart.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Tick is pretty close and acts much like the Vampire Tank beam, but Tick has the unique property that the more it heals, it increases not only health but its Damage as well so its a bit different and powerful in its own way, and it has the "sticky web". Tick is more a unique type vehicle, fully engorged its pretty powerful (try web on mino)...but until then is basically a link scorpion.

Maybe it goes like this:
LinkScorpion (Boost, LinkBeam)
??Vampire Scorpion (DrainBeam, and maybe fast plasma like Vampire tank turret
Tick Scorpion (DrainBeam, Sticky Web, gains power with health)
Vampire Tank

Or maybe its a Vampire Badger! Which would fit between a scorpion and tank... and would allow for a gunner. That might make sense.
Rhamp

Post by Rhamp »

I like the idea of the vamp tank having two classes like the link vs heavy link tank. Could even buff the heavy version of the vamp tank.
pooty

Post by pooty »

So I was thinking the Vampire tank is still pretty OP (Linker Madness aside) its vulnerable far away, but lethal close up to pretty much everything. I was thinking perhaps that fire damage (eg. from fire tanks, flame tanks, ifrits etc.) should do extra damage to Vampire Tank.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Yeah the vampire is pretty crazy. I notice I pretty much get killed immediately by that thing when it's linked. Even the strategy of staying back is tough since it's so fast.

Somewhat related, but how do we feel about buffing the hospitalier's rate of linking? Either in strength or range. It seems to be a slow heal for friendly vehicles for such a large vehicle.
Rhamp

Post by Rhamp »

The hospitalizer definitely feels like it needs a buff. All the other levis are better than it. Maybe make its link turrets heal as much as a wraith passenger turret or more, making it actually function as a mobile repair station for other vehicles. Another idea is to make it heal itself whenever it's link turrets heal an ally. This could open up a bunch of teamplay options to pile people into the hospitalizer and push, keeping nearby allies and itself healed up. I'd actually play desert junkyard if this was a thing.

We need more instances where having multiple people manning a levi is worthwhile, as it has always been better to pull a levi and 4 other vehicles instead of putting all 5 people in the levi. Even just having 1 person manning the levi and 4 people on foot healing it usually is more productive than having all 5 be in the levi. PlainsOfTanks is the only map where piling people into the levi is a good idea, since that levi is strongest vehicle on that map by a mile and there aren't many other vehicles in that map to get in.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yeah I can take a pass at buffing out the Hospitaler.

Definitely buff up the link turrets, make them equal to a link tank I think. Need to think about it healing itself.. maybe the link turrets heal from opponents like the Vamp/Tick/Wraith/Odin, alternatively, since perhaps we consider the Hospitaler a link vehicle maybe it gets a multiplier from linkers on not only the link Turrets but maybe the other damage as well?

I'll double check range/damage on the singularity cannon.
I think its twin beams are good.

It does have shields too and I think those are good. Although it'd be cool to allow them to stay up for a period of time once you change seats.

I did make it a bit faster than other levis -- not as fast as Dark Levi, but faster than typical Levi/Tiamat.