LinkVehicles 3.0

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: LinkVehicles 3.0

Post by pooty »

Anyone test these out?

If I am on tonight I think I'll force either NiVa and/or Torlan-VehicleTester so we can make sure there aren't any big bugs.

Once that's done, I'll probably add the Link Tank 3.0 to the VehicleFix Mutator so that all the various "LinkTank" gets replaced with the updated LinkTank 3.0, without me having to update the maps.

The randomizers need to be done by hand, but that's ok, since I want to add the full lineup of link vehicles anyway.

I think the link beam fix on the Link Flyer works better now, but I think there is still an issue with Linkatron... where the client doesn't see the correct beam position (it lags/starts in wrong spot). Git is fully updated..
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:55 am Anyone test these out?
Yes! Played the Torlan tester a couple times now. A couple things I noticed...
  • 1. Pretty sure it's on the Heavy Link Tank (maybe the Vampire) – the lasers seem to have a much shorter range than the regular link tank. Was trying to shoot some of the flyers that appeared fairly close and couldn't hit them at all until they flew a good bit closer. Just check range on the lasers.
  • 2. The Lamprey felt a bit buggy at times... the link beam has a very limited/shallow angle when aiming downward, needs adjusting to be more like the Link Flyer/Chupacabra. Also, at times, I think when you do the alt fire shockwave, the entire screen flashes black and you can't see anything, only lasts about 1 sec.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

1. So the LinkTank3 and HeavyLinkTank3 are identical (but not the same class) for the laser turrets. That being said, the range wasn't explicitly called out, (I just copied the code from Link Tank 2.0), so the default range was 10000. I'll set them both to 20000 which is kind of the standard for laser turrets (except Mino). Good catch. Vampire tank has no lasers.

2. Lamprey, I can look at adjusting the pitch of the beam. Not sure why the entire screen would flash black, just a small area. Its similar to Vampire Tank alt-fire does that do it too?
pooty

Post by pooty »

Updated version on the server.

Range is 20000 for lasers on LinkTank 3.0 and Heavy Link Tank 3.0 (the link tank outside the core is the Link Tank 2.0 which is pretty much what's on the popular maps -- the original link tank had no lasers , and link tank 2.0 is unchanged)
One thing I thought was we can increase the range (and momentum) based on linkers (it already does more damage if you're being link).. thoughts?

Adjusted the Lamprey beam it can shoot pretty much straight down...hard to see in third person though. I tested alt-fire on 32-bit/64-bit and works ok on my machines...both full screen and windowed. ;) NVM. It when you in first person mode. The shock wave has a black hole effect. In third person you see it, in first it blocks ur view. I'll tweak it a bit. Or maybe its feature not a bug!
pooty

Post by pooty »

Mosty pretty good on NiVa. Vampire tank was ok, although its pretty vulnerable to flyers, but being able to double link and heal itself is pretty potent.

The one that needs a tweak is the Lamprey. Its a bit too powerful. Going reduce damage (which will reduce self heal) and reduce the range somewhat. Still up close to flyers its brutal. Maybe reduce its max health from 375 to 325 or 300. I wanted it to at least survive one avril.

Heavy Link Tank did well, its laser pretty deadly against flyers...

And don't forget the lowly Tick scorpion that gets more powerful the more health it has.... it was pretty good too with the full power web (alt-fire)
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Lamprey's momentum stuff is brutal. Good luck if you are in a cicada type flyer :lol:
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

My random thoughts:

The vampire tank (red one) can barely ride up bumpy surfaces that almost every other tank can. I'm not sure what the solution here but can its driving power be increased like we did with the hellbenders? For example I couldn't get it into the rundown building node areas on Niva Valley

The heavy link tank appears to lose speed as its HP decreases? This was super frustrating. I'll probably avoid using this vehicle because of that.

I'm okay with the learning curve on these. Once a couple of us get used to them and start dominating then I'm sure the others will want to catch up. It was already pretty obvious that the creator knew exactly how to use & kill them!
pooty

Post by pooty »

The vampire tank (red one) can barely ride up bumpy surfaces that almost every other tank can. I'm not sure what the solution here but can its driving power be increased like we did with the hellbenders? For example I couldn't get it into the rundown building node areas on Niva Valley

The heavy link tank appears to lose speed as its HP decreases? This was super frustrating. I'll probably avoid using this vehicle because of that.
Vampire is pretty much same as Dark Rail Tank in terms of speed/handling etc. It should climb as well as the other link tanks/ions etc. which isn't very well I can see if I can tweak it a bit. For link vehicles that can climb, there's link badger (not part of this package), link scorpion, tick scorpion (check this one out if you can), Chupa, and the Lamprey (which will heal link, just doesn't stack).

The Heavy Link Tank shouldn't loose any speed based on HP. Its pretty much just a bigger/badder Link Tank 3.0 (more health, more damage), but I'll double check. I was thinking maybe it should have a higher top speed but slower acceleration (kind of like the mino, but not as sluggish).

Thanks for the feedback!
pooty

Post by pooty »

Lamprey's momentum stuff is brutal. Good luck if you are in a cicada type flyer :lol:
If IsA("Falcon") && PlayerController.PlayerName("Enyo")
{ Momentum=1000000
Damage =* 8
}
lol. :twisted:

Speaking of that a couple of these vehicles do have the ability to do extra damage to other vehicles. And like most link vehicles they do extra damage to vehicles...especially Link Tanks, meaning say plasma blast does 20 pts to foot soldier, it might to 27 to vehicles.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:25 am If IsA("Falcon") && PlayerController.PlayerName("Enyo")
{ Momentum=1000000
Damage =* 8
}
lol. :twisted:
:lol: :lol: :lol: