LinkVehicles 3.0

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: LinkVehicles 3.0

Post by pooty »

That kdraw collision option is AWESOME! It gives the game a wonderful techno vibe from the early days of vector-based games.
Lol: https://games.aarp.org/games/atari-asteroids
infinitecat

Post by infinitecat »

I was actually thinking something more like Battlezone:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBSAaMH5hiw
pooty

Post by pooty »

Haha I remember Battlezone! Also Tempest was another favorite.

Should make a UT2004 map with Battlezone textures.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

There’s one in the monster evo server. Black background. Surface is black cubes with bright lines along the edges.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Hoping to have something to test on the server this weekend.

Once I finish up a few things I'll post up a vehicle guide.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Not quite ready to test, still a few issues I can resolve before then.

But here's where its at, and if anyone has feedback on health and such post up. Such as not sure if Vampire tank should have link stacking, even with a weaker multiplier. This would also open the door should then Wraith/Odin allow link stacking.... I could do either way....more linking=more teamwork. I mean the link flyer allows self heal and link stacking but IMO is a bit OP.

General Notes:
Green/Gold Link Beams, are like standard beams, and do NOT self heal when doing damage. They generally link stack (meaning number of linkers times linkmultipler does more damage/healing)
Both Driver Weapons and Turret weapons will show number of linkers on HUD when being linked and link stacking.
Purple Link Beams, aka Dark Beams, will self heal with doing damage (drain effect). Generally do NOT link stack (Vampire tank is an exception)

LinkTank3Heavy: 3 Seats. Basically the current Link Tank 2.0 (ONSlaughtToys1 Kamek) with a bit more health, and slightly larger, does a bit more damage. Has different coloration than standard Link Tank 3.0
Health: 1250 start, healable to 1500
Driver Weapon: Link Turret (plasma blast/link beam) - Link Stacking 1.5
Secondary Weapon: Plasma Turret (plasma blast/zoom) - Link Stacking 1.5
Tertiary Weapon: Link Laser Turret( lasers/zoom) - Link Stacking 1.5 (watch out flyers!)
Issues: Hud display for links in turrets, verify link counts when no driver. I think linker count is only accurate when there's a driver (resetlinks call by driver tick), meaning linkers should count for turrets if there's no driver (seat 1)

LinkTank3 3 seats This is the basically Link tank 2.0 Cleaned up for Link Tank 3.0
Health: 1000 start, healable to 1250
(Past link tanks had health from 550 to 1000, Figured the LinkBadger is 1000 so this TANK shouldn't be that far off)
Secondary Weapon: Plasma Turret (plasma blast/zoom) - Link Stacking 1.5
Tertiary Weapon: Link Laser Turret( lasers/zoom) - Link Stacking 1.5 (watch out flyers!)
Issues: Hud display for links in turrets.

VampireTank 2 Seats (Dark theme, faster speed similar to DarkRailTank,
Driver Weapoon: Primary LinkBeam (like Alt-Fire on linktank but with self healing) linkstacks with 0.8 multiplier, AltFire- DarkEnergy Shockwave Blast (like Ion tank)) (Note this does NOT harm empty vehicles, but some vehicle types take EXTRA damage)
Secondary Weapon: Dark Link Turret (dark plasma/dark link beam) Linkstacks with 0.8 multiplier
Starts with 766 health can go to 1366
Issues: Hud display for links in turret.

LinkScorpion: 1 seat, Fast ground linker
Driver Weapon: Primary is link beam, stacking 1.5 multiplier, alt-fire is boost like EONS Scorp.
Health: 375
Ready to Test

TickScorpion: 1 seat, Fast ground linker with special power to get "bigger"
Driver Weapon: Primary DarkLinkBeam - Does damage and self heals. No stacking. Damage is variable based on health (), AltFire - DarkWeb (Like Webcaster), more powerful depending on health (Gun will get bigger depending on health)
Health: 300 healable to 900.
Notes: As health increases vehicle speed/mass also increase, gun size increases (damage from beam, number of nodes in the sticky web), Tick gets darker in color based on health
I wanted to make it acutally "grow" in Size, but the UT engine cannot recalculate the Collision Size...so it can grow in size except the Collision box which stays same as when spawned. Kind sucked (ok bad pun)
At 300 health Damage from beam = 12 (Base LinkGun is 9), up to 26 when fully engorged!
Ready to Test

Lamprey: Manta that Links, based on Hornet (Machine gun manta)
Driver Weapon: Primary Dark LinkBeam, heals itself, has "tractor effect" (weaker than Pulse Traitor though) to pull victims (especially flyers) close to suck them dry. AltFire - Smaller version of DarkEnergyShockWave (like Vampire Tank)
Health: 300 healable to 375
Issues: When you first enter and sitting on top of static mesh the view is messed up. Flying up higher fixes it, this is because the Hornet was Raptor base with Manta mesh/skin. Can't seem to fix it but its a minor thing. Other than that Ready to Test.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

They all sound cool. Maybe these extra link vehicles will be a good push toward people playing with more teamwork.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Ok so I have the link display working for turrets. So this will mean when a vehicle has link stacking (additional linkers in link chain add to damage/healing) it will show the link icon with the number of linkers in the lower right corner. So you'll know when someone links you if you're getting linkstacking...if no icon then others linking you only heal your vehicle they don't add to damage/healing. I am looking to see if I can add multiplier to the display but it seems like its a pretty fixed format.

So just to make it clear, the link multiplier is only applied by the last linker in the chain. So say you have LinkGun (1.0), LinkFlyer (1.5), LinkTank3 (1.5) LinkGun <- LF <- LT (2 x 1.0)+1=3x ; LT3 <-LF <- LG = (2 x 1.5)+1 = 4x The +1 is always the base linker, plus linkers so in my examples they have 2 linkers.

I'll update the LinkFlyer to show this as well. You won't see for example the icon on the Wraith/Odin since they don't link stack. Probably should add this to the link badger as well.
pooty

Post by pooty »

So put all these new vehicles on Torlan-VehicleTester-V9

Updated Details (haven't changed much)
General Notes:
Green/Gold Link Beams, are like standard beams, and do NOT self heal when doing damage. They generally link stack (meaning number of linkers times linkmultipler does more damage/healing)
Both Driver Weapons and Turret weapons will show number of linkers on HUD when being linked and link stacking.
Purple Link Beams, aka Dark Beams, will self heal with doing damage (drain effect). Generally do NOT link stack (Vampire tank is an exception)

So with these new ones, if you see the linker icon in the right corner there's link stacking, if you don't it doesn't. I'll eventually update the Randomizers and such as time permits and once we've tested these out.

LinkTank3Heavy: 3 Seats. Basically the current Link Tank 2.0 (ONSlaughtToys1 Kamek) with a bit more health, and slightly larger. Has different coloration than standard Link Tank 3.0
Health: 1250 start, healable to 1500
Secondary Weapon: Plasma Turret (plasma blast/zoom) - Link Stacking 1.0

LinkTank3 3 seats This is the basically Link tank 2.0 Cleaned up for Link Tank 3.0
Health: 900 start, healable to 1250
(Past link tanks had health from 550 to 1000, Figured the LinkBadger is 1000 so this TANK shouldn't be that far off)
Secondary Weapon: Plasma Turret (plasma blast/zoom) - Link Stacking 1.0

VampireTank 2 Seats (Dark theme, faster speed similar to DarkRailTank,
Driver Weapoon: Primary LinkBeam (like Alt-Fire on linktank but with self healing) linkstacks with 0.8 multiplier, AltFire- DarkEnergy Shockwave Blast (like Ion tank)) (Note this does NOT harm empty vehicles, but some vehicle types take EXTRA damage)
Secondary Weapon: Dark Link Turret (dark plasma/dark link beam) Linkstacks with 1.0 multiplier plasma/ 0.8 on beam.
Starts with 766 health can go to 1366

LinkScorpion: 1 seat, Fast ground linker
Driver Weapon: Primary is link beam, stacking 1.5 multiplier, alt-fire is boost like EONS Scorp.
Health: 375

TickScorpion: 1 seat, Fast ground linker with special power to get "bigger"
Driver Weapon: Primary DarkLinkBeam - Does damage and self heals. No stacking. Damage is variable based on health (), AltFire - DarkWeb (Like Webcaster), more powerful depending on health (Gun will get bigger depending on health)
Health: 300 healable to 900.
Notes: As health increases vehicle speed/mass also increase, gun size increases (damage from beam, number of nodes in the sticky web), Tick gets darker in color based on health
I wanted to make it acutally "grow" in Size, but the UT engine cannot recalculate the Collision Size...so it can grow in size except the Collision box which stays same as when spawned. Kind sucked (ok bad pun)
At 300 health Damage from beam = 12 (Base LinkGun is 9), up to 26 when fully engorged!

Lamprey: Manta that Links, based on Hornet (Machine gun manta)
Driver Weapon: Primary Dark LinkBeam, heals itself, has "tractor effect" (weaker than Pulse Traitor though) to pull victims (especially flyers) close to suck them dry. AltFire - Smaller version of DarkEnergyShockWave (like Vampire Tank)
Health: 300 healable to 375
Issues: When you first enter and sitting on top of static mesh the view is messed up. Flying up higher fixes it, this is because the Hornet was Raptor base with Manta mesh/skin. Can't seem to fix it but its a minor thing.

ONSLinkFlyer 1.1
Added HUD when being linked. Fixed LinkBeam tracking on server -- before you'd see the beam not track properly if you were the client, ie. the one getting shot.
pooty

Post by pooty »

They are also on the newer version of NiVa Valley (V5).