LinkVehicles 3.0

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: LinkVehicles 3.0

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

How do you heal yourself with the link flyer? Point the beam backward somehow?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

It really shouldn't heal itself. All of the link vehicles have a strategic advantage in ONS, they don't need more advantage by being able to heal themselves. Vampire tank, Wraith, and I guess Lamprey, but the others shouldn't get that ability.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Healing as in Drain health from enemy and add to your health.

Generally the Wraith Turret, Lamprey, Vampire do it with the Purple Beam. Tick Scorpion does it as well. I also added it to the Link Scorpion (after all its a scorpion and generally pretty weak to begin with), the previous link scorp had it so I kept it. I don't think anyone will complain the LinkScorp is OP.
Scorpions are easily knocked around and one shotted by most tanks.
Lamprey is slow (and going to nerf the damage a bit)
Vampire tank is completely vulnerable to longer distance attacks (its range is about 6066 UU).
So those have some corresponding weaknesses.

I agree link flyer shouldn't even have self heal, or maybe I can set it really low like 0.25 (you get 1pt health for 4pts damage done).
pooty

Post by pooty »

So I played with Chupa a bit.
Staring Health, 300, Max health 325
Primary fire damage, unchanged.
Beam Damage, base 13 (was 15), for compare LG=9, LS, LB=15, LT=17, VT=19, HLT=21 So still 44% better than LinkGun. And it still has a very healthy 1.5 link multiplier, so linking it from others is pretty powerful...

Damage equates to player (108.5 pts second, based on 8.3 "shots" a second, 162 to vehicles). I lowered the healing rate from 0.6 to 0.3, but it just didn't feel right, esp with reduced health. Put healing rate at 0.5. I mean its the goat sucker....I think it healing itself it one of the cool things about it, even if its a huge advantage. With reduced health from 450, it now dies with 1 Rail Tank, and 2 avrils, with reduced damaged and greatly reduced healing its much more vulnerable...but outside of active combat it can "fuel up" on enemy resources to get back to full health.

Lets see how it goes... I don't want to nerf it so much that is too fragile and no fun.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Nerfed Lamprey just a bit.
Health Max from 375 to 300.
Reduced self heal rate
Reduced Alt fire max 160 to 140 (was 125 previously).

All these changes on the server
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:11 pm Nerfed Lamprey just a bit.
Mentioned this the other night... maybe it's a feature and not a bug, but the Lamprey can heal itself on an unoccupied open node.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yeah it can also heal itself on enemy/unclaimed turrets. Code's a bit of a mess, so for now its a feature!
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

The tick and link scorpions both pull to one side while mid-air, along with the megabadger (related?). Could you please take a look?
pooty

Post by pooty »

Updated Damages on
Lamprey 3.34 - Main beam reduction on vehicles, it was set too high for vehicles, probably why it wiped out other flyers super quick. Increased blast radius and damage on the altfire. Its not quite as powerful or as big as the phoenix but the blast damage does heal the Lamprey. And unlike the phoenix where blast does full damage in the radius lamprey does less damage the farther away.

LinkScorp - Main beam does a bit more damage (+20%) to vehicles....its still pretty wimpy though.

TickScorp - Main beam does a bit more damage (+10%) to vehicles.

One tip. Its ALWAYS better to link the link vehicles with the green beam (Link Tank, Heavy Link Tank, Link Scorpion, Chupa) and Vampire Tank, as thier base damage is better than link gun, so the multiplier works better. Vampire tank has much lower multiplier but still end up better than link gun.

So in order of who should link the node for best multipliers in order of highest base damage:
Heavy Link Tank
Link Tank
Link Badger / Link Scorpion (tie)
Link Flyer (Chupa)
Vampire Tank (multiplier is much lower but base damage is higher, so its better than just linking a player)
Player with Link Gun.

The following don't provide any link bonus to linkers:
Lamprey
Wraith Turrets
Odin Turrets.

So generally if purple beam it doesn't benefit. Green beams/Yellow when linked = much faster linking.
Other than the first one the order doesn't matter, it just counts linkers not damage.

BTW didn't see anything that stood out as far as aircontrol..
infinitecat

Post by infinitecat »

Oh, lord, don't let there be a test at the end of the semester. :lol:
pooty wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:59 pm
So in order of who should link the node for best multipliers in order of highest base damage:
Heavy Link Tank
Link Tank
Link Badger / Link Scorpion (tie)
Link Flyer (Chupa)
Vampire Tank (multiplier is much lower but base damage is higher, so its better than just linking a player)
Player with Link Gun.

The following don't provide any link bonus to linkers:
Lamprey
Wraith Turrets
Odin Turrets.