LinkVehicles 3.0

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: LinkVehicles 3.0

Post by pooty »

Updated Version.
- Tweak LinkTanks, Vampire tanks speed,friction. I could climb most of the hills in Torlan with Vampire tank. Nothing in the code to make LTHeavy go slower wounded, I even tested it. I did change that one a bit, its starts slower but has a higher top speed -- but none of the Link Tanks are "fast". They are faster than base goliath though.

Updated Lamprey
- Reduced Max health from 375 to 300
- Reduced primary beam damage from 13 to 11
- Reduced Range from 6000 to 3600 (Link gun beam is 1100)
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I finally got to play with these last night.

You did a really great job on these pooty! Your modding skills have reached a new level :D Nice work 8-)
pooty

Post by pooty »

Thank you! Nice to get some time to focus on them.

I think going to change the lamprey damage back. It seems a bit too weak with the shorter range.

One thing I need to check, and I think I saw, is that you don't always get points for linking occupied vehicles. Can't remember if that needs a change in these vehicles or in UTComp.
but none of the Link Tanks are "fast". They are faster than base goliath though.
And for those that missed it, some of the Link Vehicles are fast though:
- Link Scorpion alt-fire has boost, like EONS Scorpion
- Lamprey can fly
- Vampire Tank is fast, like Dark Rail Tank
- Tick Scorpion gets faster when it has more health...so at full 900 its pretty quick.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Added LinkTank3 to Vehicle Pack on the Server.

This means any LinkTank, ONSLinkTank (LinkTank 2.0) will be replaced with the now standardized Link Tank 3.0

This might change map play a bit, the one that comes to mind is Nevermore, where the LinkTanks at 7 were relatively weak (550pts), they will be a bit stronger now. :)

This also means that when you see a Link Tank now it pretty much has link stacking, so better to link the tank, than the tank to link you. That wasn't true with the original LinkTank, and usually was true with Link Tank 2.0, but there were so many version floating about hard to tell.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

pooty wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:16 pm Updated Version.
- Tweak LinkTanks, Vampire tanks speed,friction. I could climb most of the hills in Torlan with Vampire tank. Nothing in the code to make LTHeavy go slower wounded, I even tested it. I did change that one a bit, its starts slower but has a higher top speed -- but none of the Link Tanks are "fast". They are faster than base goliath though.

Updated Lamprey
- Reduced Max health from 375 to 300
- Reduced primary beam damage from 13 to 11
- Reduced Range from 6000 to 3600 (Link gun beam is 1100)
Hmm, weird. Maybe i just got hung up on a rock or something as you were shooting me this one time. I swear it seemed like it had that old alligator effect.

The Vampire tank seemed to do fine, it just couldn't get up that "curb" into the node areas, even with a diagonal approach which seemed weird. If it's now too OP with its climbing ability I'd have no problem with returning it to the original settings.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Its pretty much like Ion, Railtank (and LInkTank3 is exactly how the old Link Tank 2.0 was, other than a slight speed increase) they do get caught up on sharp terrain/objects.
If it's now too OP with its climbing ability I'd have no problem with returning it to the original settings.
Unlikely it really has no longer range air defense... Things like Falcon, Predator would chew it up pretty good.
pooty

Post by pooty »

So we get points with the vehicles linking nodes, but not linking occupied vehicles...is there a change needed? I thought UTComp took care of all that?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

That's a part of each vehicle's link weapon.

Look in the vehicle weapon's Tick function. If it was copied from LinkTank originally, you'll probably find this '//vehicle healing' comment. The original code calls LinkedVehicle.HealDamage. The new scoring change turned that into an if statement at the bottom.

Code: Select all

// vehicle healing
LinkedVehicle = Vehicle(LockedPawn);
if ( LinkedVehicle != None && bDoHit )
{
    AdjustedDamage = AltDamage * (1.5*NumLinks+1) * Instigator.DamageScaling;
    if (Instigator.HasUDamage())
        AdjustedDamage *= 2;
    if(LinkedVehicle.HealDamage(AdjustedDamage, Instigator.Controller, DamageType))
    {
        score = 1;
        if(LinkedVehicle.default.Health >= VehicleHealScore)
            score = LinkedVehicle.default.Health / VehicleHealScore;
        DamageAmount = (AdjustedDamage/1.5);

if (ONSPlayerReplicationInfo(Instigator.Controller.PlayerReplicationInfo) != None && !LinkedVehicle.IsVehicleEmpty())
            ONSPlayerReplicationInfo(Instigator.Controller.PlayerReplicationInfo).AddHealBonus(DamageAmount / LinkedVehicle.default.Health * score);
    }
}
That change was added to linktank, link badger, and linkatron. VehicleHealScore is a new variable for how much health you have to heal to get 1 point.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Okay I will have to add that to each of them.

Do you recall if there were any other changes to the Link Tank? I based LinkTank3 on the Link Tank 2.0 with some fixes. I see that's the one in CSBadgerFix which now gets replaced by LinkTank 3.0.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Okay, multiple versions, even of LT 2.0

So I see the HUD stuff got added in CSBadgerFix (its in LT3) so good there.

There's this block:

// ============================================================================
// Reduce damage from certain types of attacks
// ============================================================================
function TakeDamage(int Damage, Pawn instigatedBy, Vector Hitlocation, Vector Momentum, class<DamageType> DamageType)
{
	// Slightly reduces damage from all vehicles
	if (DamageType.IsA('VehicleDamageType'))
		Damage = Damage * 0.9;

// Increases damage from enemy Link Guns
	if (DamageType.IsA('DamTypeLinkPlasma') || DamageType.IsA('DamTypeLinkShaft'))
		Damage = Damage * 1.25;

Super(ONSTreadCraft).TakeDamage(Damage, instigatedBy, Hitlocation, Momentum, damageType);
}
Which is in the BadgerFix version, but not in the original OnslaughtToys1.ONSLinkTank (Link Tank 2.0). Do we want this? Not sure we need it... I mean link guns kill link tank faster and it makes it tougher against vehicle damage.

And this:

if (ONSPlayerReplicationInfo(Instigator.Controller.PlayerReplicationInfo) != None && !LinkedVehicle.IsVehicleEmpty())
            ONSPlayerReplicationInfo(Instigator.Controller.PlayerReplicationInfo).AddHealBonus(DamageAmount / LinkedVehicle.default.Health * score);
Isn't in Git on CSBadgerFix for LT or LB, no biggie though I can add it.