LinkVehicles 3.0

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: LinkVehicles 3.0

Post by pooty »

Yes, I need to fix the bug where it heals itself. Maybe set the base health on the Odin to like 1450.
The side turrets do heal it when they do damage, so when it has a gunner, or better yet two its pretty powerful.
I think the fire rate is ok. CEONSS has much weaker vehicles generally.

I think I've missed something on the link tank lasers, they are more powerful than I thought they would be.... have to double check the math.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Odin 2.6 Changes, on server.
Nerf: Initial Health 1350, Max Health 1650. (Initial Health was 1650, Max was 2250)
Nerf: Main Weapon fire rate now slowed by 0.5s (3.5s for each shot now) .
Nerf: Link Turrets no longer heal the odin/itself Nerf
Bug Fix: where link turrets don't heal friendly nodes unless you hit the base, now you can hit base/shield/sphere to build friendly nodes.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Thank you pooty!
pooty

Post by pooty »

On Server.

LinkVehiclesOmni 3.4
Damages nerfed to whats here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
(Need to adjust Badgers, inlcluding link badger next).
Basically the turrets got nerfed, mulitipliers got reduced. Its still as you can see always better to link the vehicle, and the bigger one at the shooting end of the chain. There is a max cap on multipliers at 3.5x
LinkTanks with multiple linkers will still have badass turrets though, but the base turret < Hurricane/Armadillo

Bug Fix/Nerf in Tick Scorp, where it always thought it had one linker (so it was always doing extra damage).
Greatly reduced multipliers on Vampire Tank -- with two linkers healing it, plus if its damaging it heals basically at 2x... before was much higher!
Reduced Lamprey Range by 1000 UU (its got to get close....which should make it vulnerable to raptor types... its meant to be sneaky not an air superiority fighter1)

LinkFlyer 1.4
Nerfed a on LinkMultiplier.
pooty

Post by pooty »

- Fixed Height of Heavy Link Tank
- Raised the other Link Tank / Vamp Tank just slightly to help with getting stuck too.
- Some further Damage tweaks to plasma.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Ok, question so it seems there's some good amount of hatred (disdain?) for the lamprey.... not sure why other than it can be a sneaky vehicle. It has fairly short range and isn't very agile. But as FuriousRabbit pointed out Mantas shouldn't fly... thoughts to just make it a manta? Maybe give it a bigger jump?
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

It became a major overperformer when its alt fire started damaging nodes, whereas before you had to get out of the vehicle to do any real damage to nodes. Now it can do everything: self-heal via primary and secondary (right clicking near any node also counts), fly, instakill foot soldiers and low-HP vehicles with the alt fire, tumble around flyers so they can't fight back, and build nodes from the safety of the vehicle. Taking away its ability to fly would be a good compromise to be able to keep the rest of the abilities, but if it will continue to fly then it would have to get some compromises.
pooty

Post by pooty »

So the Lamprey Manta is back to being a Manta (no flying). It still has the altfire (and it ducks when you alt fire which should be pretty lethal to infantry). Its also pretty fast, can jump better (not as good as wyvern though), and is agile.

I still have the Lamprey Flying Manta (so technically there are now 2 variants of the Lamprey), but the non flying is now the default.

Also, I fixed a bug on the LinkTurrets where there did an extra 50% damage (OOPS -- it wasn't Anons hacks after all :lol: ). So now those laser turrets are more reasonable (< hurricane or armadillo), but remember linkers DO boost them. So Link Laser Turrets with 2 linkers will be lethal fast.
pooty

Post by pooty »

So folks still complaining the lamprey is too OP

The blast is less than Phoenix, may reduce it more...
Damage is short range, so might reduce it.

Main complaint seems to be its hard to hit, so I will likely slow it down first before the damage tweaks. It does have a huge jump which makes it easy to escape, mabye increasing the jump recharge time...

BTW. Anon mentioned the LinkTank beams do more damage vs. pulses but I don't think that's true
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Beam is easier to hit with being hitscan vs. projectile, so likely you end up with more damage. I could reduce the beam damage on vehicles... although not sure the current version of link tanks is all that OP
pooty

Post by pooty »

Some updates:

Lamprey - got a major nerf, shorter range (3300 vs 4500), slight damage reduction, self heal reduction, health reduction and more time between jumps, more time between altfires.. It still has negative suck momentum

Tick Scorpion - some minor nerfing, mostly on Damage, reduction in self healing. This does get stronger with more health (tick gorged on blood!) so fully engorged its pretty beastly.

LinkBadger (CSBadgerFix) now displays Linker Ring/Count in HUD.
Anon mentioned the LinkTank beams do more damage vs. pulses but I don't think that's true
It was true... damn bug. Fixed where these were doing extra damage (+30%), you should find now the plasma is more damaging, especially to vehicles vs. beam, but you have to hit.