LinkVehicles 3.0

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: LinkVehicles 3.0

Post by pooty »

Yeah I am not sure it should fire that fast.... altfireinterval should be longer IMO....but as snarf said its kind of fun.

Let me check the emitters, dynamic lighting might be on, I took that from the webcaster and tweaked it.

I'll look at fixing the frame rate issue first, and double check there's no type in the altfire.

Also I think I am going to increase the damage, health a bit on the link scorpion....it gets killed really quick before you can really even fight back and that's a close range (it has no long range weapon).
pooty

Post by pooty »

3.11 on server changes:
- Tick Scorp 0.4 Alt Fire interval. Still pretty fast, but before it was basically .1, turned off dynamic light on the projectile. Not sure that's the issue though, I saw some FPS drops, but nothing in stat all to tell me why. Improved some of the driveability (much less likely to flip/spin -- lets face it it sucks when it flips and you're ejected).
- Link Scorp, damage output matches link badgers, slight health increase, improved driveability(less likely to flip/spin esp when boosting).
- Some tweaks to damage on the other tanks. Basically 9 is link gun, then tick is 13, link scorp(badger, flyer) 15, Link tank 18 (up 1pt), Heavy (21pt) these are all link beams.
pooty

Post by pooty »

So still many complaining about the OP Lamprey Manta.

Not sure its OP. Very limited range, most flyers can out fly it -- its basically stock raptor in terms of speed and maneuvering. Its pretty easy to kill on foot too. The only thing I think I'll look at is the alt-fire. I think the radius might be a bit too big.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Yeah it's the alt fire. Seems like it's as big as the mino blast :lol:
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yeah its a copy of the Vampire Tank alt-fire, but supposed to be smaller, maybe I forgot to change it.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I did indeed forget to update it. It was 1500 UU, now its 500 so you have to get pretty close, and I reduced the damage slightly (it was already damaged reduced vs vamp tank), and self healing a bit.

I increased range a bit on Vampire Tank, it seems to get killed pretty quick.

A note on the Lamprey/Vampire Tank alt-fire. Its based on Ion Tank Shockwave (altfire). Its worth noting it does 0 Damage to unoccupied vehicles -- this is by design, it imparts momementum and this keep it from being used to join spawn camp/move the enemy vehicles all over the place..and you know we have stains that would do just that.

Both the beams/alt fire do more damage to vehicles than to infantry, again by design, so foot soldiers have a chance.
FuriousRabbit

Post by FuriousRabbit »

pooty wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:48 am So still many complaining about the OP Lamprey Manta.

Not sure its OP. Very limited range, most flyers can out fly it -- its basically stock raptor in terms of speed and maneuvering. Its pretty easy to kill on foot too. The only thing I think I'll look at is the alt-fire. I think the radius might be a bit too big.
Does it have more range than the link flyer? Even with my poor aim, I was able to take the link flyer out easily in a 1v1.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Just barely. Lamprey 5500 UU and LinkFlyer is 5000. LinkFlyer does a bit more damage. Manta is slower.

Lamprey might need some more nerfing, its still pretty wicked. We had tried it with a more limited range 3600 and people didn't like it as much....but I think with the momentum on the beams (suck you in effect), perhaps either that should go, or lower the range a bit. Maybe 4500?

Meaning its good if you can sneak up, but not so good and air-to-air fighter. Other option is to make the LinkFlyer match the other link vehicles at 5500. (5x link gun range).
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Is it the Tic Scorpion that shoots the webbing super fast and does way too much damage? And it seemed like the webbing was sticky, couldn’t move any time I got hit by it. That thing needs some toning down.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

I can reduce the rate of fire a bit, better its not as spammy.

Yes, the webbing is sticky! It will stall/spin out a mino if hit right..often stop tanks/badgers. Its similar to the WebCaster but at the higher end is more powerful.

Keep in mind the Tick gets bigger/more powerful the more it sucks (more health). So a 900health tick is about 2.5x more powerful than 300health tick. More health = more webbing during the charge. A fully engorged Tick is pretty powerful vehicle though, its no wimpy scorpion. The purple link beam, like Vampire Tank, does suck you in too.

Also keep in mind its still a scorpion: gets knocked around easily (less so with more health), and that webbing is pretty darn slow, and to launch a full web you have to charge for a while. And if you hit a flyer with it flyer is done, but good luck with that as its slow moving.. its good for narrow places or surprise attacks... and you have to relatively up close. Its also not really a long range type vehicle either it has to be fairly close for either weapon.