LinkVehicles 3.0

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: LinkVehicles 3.0

Post by pooty »

We do have a shield tank right now that heals itself, the EONS Crusader, every alt fire with shield up heals it 10 pts.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

pooty wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:01 pm We do have a shield tank right now that heals itself, the EONS Crusader, every alt fire with shield up heals it 10 pts.
Rainy day project but that should be bumped up to 20 or so. The 10 is useless if you’re under attack and when you’re alone is almost not worth the time.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Bringing this back to the top.

Stacking - the ability to increase damage/healing with multiple linkers. Currently the Link Tank 2.0 increases with 1.5 time number of linkers.

Variants:

BigLinkTank (3 seats, plasma turret, link turret, all with stacking link, 1200 pts) Basically the current Link Tank 2.0 with a bit more health.

LinkTank (2 seats, no laser turret, stacking, 800 pts) This is the "older" link tank

VampireTank (1 seat, similar to Chupa, Dark theme, faster speed) Maybe this should be more shock tank/centaur type vehicle vs. straight up tank. 500 health, maybe healable to 1000 or 1200. Not sure it should stack, if it heals is enough of an advantage

Link Scorpion which is pretty weak maybe it should have healing too?
Or maybe two variants:
Tick, link, no stack, self heal to some high health (say 600, and increase in mass), alt-fire could be plasma gun (the scorp blades are nearly useless)
LinkScorp, link, stack, alt-fire is boost like EONS scorp. So this could be a fast nimble link vehicle, like a half version of the link badger.

- The Wraith/Odin do NOT stack because draining health and healing is too OP IMO -- Chupa (link flyer) is too OP IMO, but its low total health make it at least Ok
- There's also a bug in the Odin that it can heal itself, which I meant to fix, but its kind of a fun feature in that tank..

And we also have the Link Badger (1000 pts) kind of fits in between, but its a bit OP IMO, but its a favorite so that's not included here, and if I changed it McLovin would hunt me down.
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

Yeah we 2 manned a few maps in that Odin. I think you should leave the self heal bug :D

Vampire tank sounds fun
pooty

Post by pooty »

Tick, link, no stack, self heal to some high health (say 600, and increase in mass), alt-fire could be plasma gun (the scorp blades are nearly useless)
Snarf, do you think we can change the drawscale as it gets more health? That would be kind of fun...although I don't know you can change the hitbox.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:20 am
Snarf, do you think we can change the drawscale as it gets more health? That would be kind of fun...although I don't know you can change the hitbox.
Hmm I think that would work. Haha pretty funny. You could change the hit box too. The mechs do that when you crouch. There is simple collision and mesh collision. I don't think you would even need to change the hitbox as mesh collision should take the draw scale into account.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Sweet. About ready to try it. Cleaned up and moved link scorpion and link tank 2.0 (OnslaughtToys1) into a new package: LinkVehiclesOmni (its not in git yet)

A couple of overall things I want to do, is make it a bit more apparent that the links stack. Generally, if the link beam is purple (Wraith, Odin) doesn't stack, linking that vehicle only heals it. With the link badger, link tank, and link scorp, the link not only heals, but stacks -- meaning it increases the damage and/or healing by a factor, usually by 0.5 per linker. So a link tank getting linked, will heal 1.5x or do 1.5x damage. So I'd like to make the beam a bit different color/size when link stacked, so its obviously linking it helps, I think there's some color changes on the link tank vehicle too. Be nice to add a client message too.

So what I've looked at building:
Heavy Link Tank 3 (3 seats, plasma turret, link turret, all with stacking link, 1200 pts) Basically the current Link Tank 2.0 with a bit more health. Doesn't drain health to heal.

Link Tank 3 (2 seats, 1 turret (laser or pulse), stacking, 800 pts) This is the pretty much link tank 2.0, Doesn't drain health to heal.

VampireTank (1 seat, Dark theme, faster speed) Probably use Base Link Tank mesh, change the texture, 500 health, maybe healable to 1000 or 1200. Not sure it should stack, if it heals via drain is enough of an advantage.. plus the purple beam(blood red?) works better with the theme. This beam will be primary fire, but will have some limited range (3000-5000 UU?) so its weakness is distance weapons. Maybe take more damage from fire. Maybe alt fire could be localized blast like Ion/phoenix.

LinkScorp3 - Link, Stack, Alt-fire = boost, make this a very fast, light link vehicle. Probably match handling speed of the Hyena (which seems to be one of the better driving Scorps). The current beam on the link scorp is pretty small (matches link gun of 1100 UU, probably make that more like 2500-3000 - needs to be better than standard link gun.

Tick, link, No stack, self heal to some high health (say 700?, and increase in size/mass), primary fire link beam.
alt-fire either plasma gun, or maybe webcaster like spread. Might be fun to increase the damage accordingly too.
Maybe take more damage from fire.

Any other ideas, I think that pretty much covers it we also have Wraith, Chupa, Odin, Hospitalier (has link turrets), Link Badger.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I'm not sure where (at work atm) but I know the link badger in badgerfix is based on a link tank also. I think we'll need to make sure the class names are distinct or they might conflict with each other.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I think we'll need to make sure the class names are distinct or they might conflict with each other.
Yep. On it. I've got the base link tank almost fully converted with its own class names (LinkTank3Gun, LinkTank3Turret, LinkTank3BeamEffect etc.). Same with all DamageTypes (though those I think are less critical).

Plus I made LinkScorp ones more readable... it had an ONSRVLinkGun as the primary weapon...terrible name.

I think there still is a dependency on the Textures/Meshes from OnslaughtToys1, and RBTTLinkScorpionBeta. But I think the .utx (.usx) files are separate. I try to avoid any deps unless the vehicles are based off a common base (eg. Wormbo's HoverTanks).
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

pooty wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:09 am Sweet. About ready to try it. Cleaned up and moved link scorpion and link tank 2.0 (OnslaughtToys1) into a new package: LinkVehiclesOmni (its not in git yet)

VampireTank (1 seat, Dark theme, faster speed) Probably use Base Link Tank mesh, change the texture, 500 health, maybe healable to 1000 or 1200. Not sure it should stack, if it heals via drain is enough of an advantage.. plus the purple beam(blood red?) works better with the theme. This beam will be primary fire, but will have some limited range (3000-5000 UU?) so its weakness is distance weapons. Maybe take more damage from fire. Maybe alt fire could be localized blast like Ion/phoenix.
With so many blood effects in this game could they be used on the vehicle? Like it leaves splatters on the ground or something like that?