LinkVehicles 3.0

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: LinkVehicles 3.0

Post by pooty »

VehicleHealScore is currently 200 in UTComp.
I think I should check for UTComp and if its there use that value and I can hard code a default if UTComp isn't used.

And what's this for:

Code: Select all

DamageAmount = (AdjustedDamage/1.5)
Doesn't vehicle heal bonus control that any way?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

That's undoing the adjustment to the damage amount. Damage (healing) has already been applied. Here DamageAmount variable is being reused for scoring purpose.

If you have linkers linking you and you are healing a vehicle causing heal*1.5 , you shouldn't get 1.5 * score also. Score is split between healers (via utcomp) so it would be too many points awarded for healing.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Oh and vehicle heal bonus should be there in badgerfix. I must not have uploaded it to git?
pooty

Post by pooty »

Ok, got it, but shouldn't that 1.5 depend on NumLinks? I can look at it. I created a function AdjustLinkDamage(), so it should be easy to manipulate that...(it already avoids the VehicleDamageMultiplier on healing...)

Updated version on the server, with scoring. Its hard coded to 200 same as the current UTComp setting.
Need to add the code that reads the current .ini file settings for VehicleHealScore if MutUTComp is active, just out of time for today...
I need the code to read values from .ini file, I already have the loop to check for MutUTComp, but I don't want to make LinkVehiclesOmni package dependent on UTCompOmni package...

Figured I'd see if there's MutUTComp, if yes, read value from .ini file if it exists.

But at least now you get points for healing teammates.

No, doesn't look like it was in git, but it works in both packages (I test link vehicles locally, and 200 pts gives you points fast though.. maybe too much?)
pooty

Post by pooty »

I have to check I think I put the scoring changes in...

Previous Link Tanks with Link Tank 3.0 as part of CSVehiclePack, meaning any map with LinkTank or ONSLinkTank gets replaced with LinkTank3.

I have also started to add these to the randomizers.

Basically add Heavy, Vampire, Tick replace standard Link Tank with Link Tank 3.0 (which is pretty much 99% same as Link Tank 2.0).
I've been replacing the EONS Scorps with LinkScorp3 (which has same boost and a useful gun vs. the fairly useless gun on Eons scorp).

I think for the most part damage has been ok... I was afraid the vampire or tick would be too powerful, but at least on Randos, they get killed quick (maybe too quick)
pooty

Post by pooty »

Going to adjust the beam range. It varies a bit vehicle by vehicle (link). I think it makes more sense to make them all the same range even the lamprey. They will match the standard Link Tank 3.0 range (5000) (Standard link gun is 1100). I might make the Heavy one just a bit longer.

Also keep in mind the range INCREASES by 250 per linker, might make this 500 per linker, 250 is pretty short. (Range increase is just beam, not plasma or lasers)

And if its linking something it can extend to 7500.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Okay, updated LinkVehicles 3.1 on the server.

LinkBeam range is generally 5500 (link gun is 1100, so this is 5x the range), LinkTank, Scorps and Lamprey. HeavyLinkTank and VampireTank range is 6000. Heavy should be bigger, better and Vampire tank doesn't have a long range weapon at all.

All link beams should give pts (1 pt / 200) for occupied friendly healing.

All link beams have range extended by 500 per linker (execpt tick, lamprey since they don't have link stacking)
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

The tickscorpion causes some bad frame drops if you spam the alt fire https://streamable.com/m777bt
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Anonymous. wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:58 pm The tickscorpion causes some bad frame drops if you spam the alt fire https://streamable.com/m777bt
Man, you'd hate playing on my computer.

Also, this thing will fire as fast as you can click. I don't know if there are any other weapons that do this.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I like how it fires. It's fun.

The fps drop is probably a dynamic lighting issue.