MegaBadger

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
ProtoDroidBot

Re: MegaBadger

Post by ProtoDroidBot »

There goes my self-esteem lol. Mesh issues didn't seem to matter in this case though.

Could we also give Badger's better traction as they have fancier wheels?
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by captainsnarf »

ProtoDroidBot wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:14 pm There goes my self-esteem lol. Mesh issues didn't seem to matter in this case though.
Nonsense. Great job finding that! I had to do a double take I thought it was pooty responding. We could always use more help with mods. :mrgreen:

And yeah the mega still has a mesh issue. Not sure about the missing vertices but it's center is off like the original badger. That's why avrils seek to the ground when trying to hit them. Or if you link them, where does the link shaft go? On megas it goes to the bottom of the vehicle, not the center like it should. I think they did that to make them more bouncy but it kind of messed things up too.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Code: Select all

TorqueCurve=(Points=((OutVal=3.000000),(OutVal=5.000000),(InVal=1200.000000,OutVal=12.000000),(InVal=1500.000000))) 
Hmm.. did I fat finger that? Because none of that changed from my export, I had no intentions of changing it, and just left all that alone.

It was in the main BadgerTaur.uc correct?

I did notice the Badger Mk II drives much different, we probably could have two Mega versions...it'd be nice to have one that's a bit faster, and handles hills but maybe a different main cannon.
And yeah the mega still has a mesh issue. Not sure about the missing vertices but it's center is off like the original badger. That's why avrils seek to the ground when trying to hit them.
This we should fix, they are powerful and not being able to Avril them....
McLovin

Re: How to play MEGA-ARENA smarter.

Post by McLovin »

pooty wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:41 pm ...
There's a MegaBadger in Badgers_V2Beta3, but its turret is minigun not lasers (MegaBadger Mk II) .. so the laser Mega must be some odd one off, or the original
Don't Fuck up the Mega in Badgers_V2Beta3, it's perfect the way it is. I don't give a shit about any of the other Megas in any other maps.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Don't Fuck up the Mega in Badgers_V2Beta3, it's perfect the way it is. I don't give a shit about any of the other Megas in any other maps.
You realize the Mega in Badgers_V2Beta3 is different than the one we usually play with...the one in there is the MegaBadger Mk II, has mini gun instead of lasers, and to me (unverified) seems much slower and heavier, has a weaker main cannon.

I don't have the source/origin on the current Mega (the one that's on Randomizers/MinusMegaArena).
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

pooty wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:15 am
You realize the Mega in Badgers_V2Beta3 is different than the one we usually play with...the one in there is the MegaBadger Mk II, has mini gun instead of lasers, and to me (unverified) seems much slower and heavier, has a weaker main cannon.

I don't have the source/origin on the current Mega (the one that's on Randomizers/MinusMegaArena).
The Mega in Badgers_V2Beta3 has 3 speeds and faster than all the other Megas I've seen on other maps. I think it's due to the map's gravity setting or something. All other Megas on other maps, I can never get to 3rd gear speed with. And I suspect V2Beta3 has a 4th gear speed, but it's hard to achieve that velocity and happens only rarely for me.

Nothing is more terrifying than a 3rd gear velocity Mega roaming the map. And it's hella fun. Takes a bit of practice to get to that velocity and then not to turn too quickly or shoot at the wrong thing and fuck it up.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

You didn't fat finger the TorqueCurve. It's that way in the original badger and also omnitaur exported from the old Vehicle Loadout Test V4.

I had the same issue making the CSBadgerFix package. I got all the badgers to compile then it crashed the map. I forgot about fixing it until this was crashing too and saw the error.

This badger has the three speeds btw, you can see them in the torquecurve actually.

TorqueCurve=(Points=((InVal=0.0,OutVal=3.000000),(InVal=200.0,OutVal=5.000000),(InVal=1200.000000,OutVal=12.000000),(InVal=1500.000000,OutVal=0.0)))

TorqueCurve=(Points=(
  (InVal=0.0,OutVal=3.000000),      // first 'gear'
  (InVal=200.0,OutVal=5.000000),    // second 
  (InVal=1200.000000,OutVal=12.000000), // third 
  (InVal=1500.000000,OutVal=0.0)    // cut off
  ))
I verified this Mega with that torque curve drives the same as the Megas on Mega Arena V4.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Strange, wonder if its an export error or something that slipped through?

I propose two MegaBadgers

MegaBadger 2.0 - Same as the one we play with now. Lasers, Mino Cannon
SwiftMegaBadger 2.0 - A bit faster, better hill climbing, faster turret. Classic Mino Cannon and Minigun (from V2_Beta3).
I find it disconcerting that most badgers are claimed "to be able to climb a nearly vertical surface", yet the Mega can barely clear a curb...

And we could always have a
SpankMegaBadger - with huge knockback balls this one is just a joke,okay?
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

pooty wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:31 am ...
That's a great idea. I hate the little spankbadger, it's like an annoying mouse. A more powerful version to knock the shit out of them and across the map would be much better, and hilarious.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

McLovin wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:43 am
pooty wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:31 am ...
That's a great idea. I hate the little spankbadger, it's like an annoying mouse. A more powerful version to knock the shit out of them and across the map would be much better, and hilarious.
Agreed! Put it on the Mega Legofort map and you could lob spank bombs from all the way across the map and just watch all the Megas at the core go flying.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain