TorqueCurve=(Points=(
    (InVal=0.0,OutVal=3.000000),
    (InVal=1.0,OutVal=5.000000),
    (InVal=1200.000000,OutVal=12.000000),
    (InVal=1500.000000,OutVal=0.0000)
))
InVal= the speed you must be going for the out value to have affect
OutVal= how much acceleration/power to apply

So the first value with InVal=0.0, OutVal=3.0 means at dead stop (0.0), you get 3.0 acceleration.
Once you get to speed 1.0 (second value), then you get OutVal=5.0 worth of acceleration.

Those are both really small acceleration values and is why the mega can hardly get up a hill at a dead stop. Mega is too heavy (Mass value) for those weak acceleration values.

The last value with inval=1500 , outval=0.0 means once you get to 1500, it no longer goes any faster since you get 0 acceleration. You can still get moving faster if something pushes you but it won't go any faster on its own. Even with something pushing you, the fastest it can ever go is set by the KMaxSpeed parameter in KParams. I think all torque curves end with the last value having outval=0.0.

The difference between two points in the curve is how big each 'gear' is, so with first point Inval=0.0, and second point inval=1.0 means first gear is very short, second gear is the longest between 1.0 and 1200, and third gear is mid sized between 1200-1500 speed range.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: MegaBadger

Post by pooty »

Thanks, appreciate that.

Also too on some of the KParams, they are inherited from the Badger if they are explicitly set there and not set in the Megabadger class, just like any other property or is the KParams a completely separate object?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

KParams is completely separate, so no inheritance there. Any values not set get the defaults from the defaults in KParams itself.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Good to know there's a few more params that look promising.

Also found https://ericdives.com/UT2004-UnCodex/So ... on.html#22
this: var const float KScale; // Usually kept in sync with actor's DrawScale, this is how much to scale moi/com-offset (but not mass!)

Since MB is scaled up from the Mesh, it doesn't look like KScale was scaled up accordingly..that might help too.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I played with it a bit.. and this is spot on:
That might make it crash or cause other problems though. It takes a lot of trial and error to get it right.
Z=-4.0 caused it to flip easily and then not ever flip back over.. lol.

So I'll keep at it, so rest assured McLovin, we will get it to a better spot.

Part of me says maybe we can just make it faster so you can get to the "boost" level without shooting, but leave a bit of the wobble in as weakness to balance it.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

pooty wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:33 am ...
So I'll keep at it, so rest assured McLovin, we will get it to a better spot.

Part of me says maybe we can just make it faster so you can get to the "boost" level without shooting, but leave a bit of the wobble in as weakness to balance it.
Thank you for your efforts in making it right. Whatever MegaBadger was in ONS-MinusBadgerMeUp-Beta23 is perfect.

I never "shoot" the ground to "boost" the velocity, that causes self-inflicted damage. I use the natural terrain, driving down a trench or over an obstacle to get a "boosted" speed.

If you can remove the wobble, I think that would be better. It's tough to steer at high velocity anyways without running into something or turning too sharply which causes it to stall.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Do we think it'd be worth giving it a bit more torque to climb some hills.. right now its really weak there.. more than any other tank.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

pooty wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:29 pm Do we think it'd be worth giving it a bit more torque to climb some hills.. right now its really weak there.. more than any other tank.
Yes. The new MegaBadger is tough or near impossible to get started on an incline. Much more so than the ONS-MinusBadgerMeUp-Beta23 one.
pooty

Post by pooty »

It takes a lot of trial and error to get it right.
You weren't kidding. Probably spent close to 2 hours fiddling with it -- and its sort of close to what was the original in the Beta23 but not that close.

BTW here's some good links for KParams:
https://slideplayer.com/slide/6645087/
https://ericdives.com/UT2004-UnCodex/So ... arams.html
https://docs.unrealengine.com/udk/Two/K ... rence.html
(This one had a param called KRestitution This determines the `bouncyness' of the Karma Actor, where 0 = no bounce and 1 = incoming velocity is equal to outgoing velocity -- I added in at 0. The compiler didn't complain, not sure it actually did anything..)

So for those following along at home, because the Mesh/model changed, it changed how the physics react. I am attempting to compensate with adjusting the many physics (KParams) parameters. Its not as simple as just setting same values because the model (inputs) are different.

Snarf, would it be easier/faster to use the old Badger model just for the Mega? Especially since the Mega is seperate package -- right now it depends on CSBadgerFix: class Badgertaur extends MyBadger; Maybe I should create MyBadger in BadgerTaurV2 omni (change the class name to "oldbrokenbadger" or something to avoid name collision?
pooty

Post by pooty »

Wait. Pause.

There's two different animation files: Badger_Ani.ukx and More_Badgers_Anim.ukx

Mega from Map uses the latter. It appears to be different than Badger_Ani.ukx (See McLovin this is why Snarf and I wanted common vehicles to avoid this different code/models all over the f'ing place)

This gets it much closer.