Vote for your most under-played favorite map.

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
DrScrotey

Re: Vote for your most under-played favorite map.

Post by DrScrotey »

Capt Gordon's box of Pwnage, me too.
I miss Grit Nights especially the one with the obstacle course in the back pyramid that Termi showed me how to complete when I was still a UT tyke. It may have only been on the Death Warrant server, I can't remember.
Oh and deathdome, but I know not many people like it. I can combo whore to my heart's content. :D
McLovin
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by McLovin »

DrScrotey wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:57 pm ...
I miss Grit Nights especially the one with the obstacle course in the back pyramid that Termi showed me how to complete when I was still a UT tyke. It may have only been on the Death Warrant server, I can't remember.
GTKY showed us once, but I am not skilled enough to replicate. It must of been on our server at one time.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

DrScrotey wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:57 pm Capt Gordon's box of Pwnage, me too.
Oh and deathdome, but I know not many people like it. I can combo whore to my heart's content. :D
I can show you. Do you know how to dodge jump and wall jump?
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

ankeedo wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:57 am it's like a restaurant forces the customer to have unwanted dishes... :D
The “special”
DrScrotey

Post by DrScrotey »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:22 pm
Yes, thanks for the offer. But Termi showed me how probably around 2013, maybe earlier. I could've sworn back in those days Termi was getting a history master's while I was about to start my physics master's. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else.
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

DrScrotey wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:52 pm
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:22 pm
Yes, thanks for the offer. But Termi showed me how probably around 2013, maybe earlier. I could've sworn back in those days Termi was getting a history master's while I was about to start my physics master's. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else.
Yes I remember teaching you Scrotey. Termi's trial school. I went to UMSL to study history.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

So basically then, you first need full health (and shield helps too) then jump on the first platform with a normal jump. The second platform is also a normal jump as is the third. You need to dodge jump the next lower part until you're around the corner (don't hit the torch on the wall). From here you need to shield jump up to the high platform (you'll only get as many attempts as your health allows). You only need like 80% shield power for this which could help you gain an attempt. From this part you need to get around the pillar. Do a standard double jump (only holding forward and double jump, no dodging yet) toward the wall opposite the goal and then right when you touch the wall, dodge jump off it toward the goal. It doesn't look like you'd be able to make it but you can. You need to do the wall jump from as high as you can though, be quick on that. There is a line in the brick which is about how high you need to be.

From here grab the almighty teleport gun, OMFG, keg/shield, super generous double damage and dominate until a tank kills you anyway. And then you can try to recover your losing team since they were down a player who was messing around with the trials.

Also you can use the noskillz teleporter to quick redo the trials if you need to reload anything.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I have a bunch... several of them have pOOtylicious in the name..
Some aren't so good, but others, we've hardly played

Updated Alien2 (better vehicles and dropship)
Bramideon
Silva
DowntownXL (non battle bikes version)
Hustle

Some we've played a bit and I miss
Full Necropolis
Suspense
PyroclasticInferno (I need to make sure this is updated with latest fire vehicles which would make it more interesting given degrees for fire resistance to each other)
TwinFang
ArtilleryHill (I think I'll add something bigger to the middle node as someone suggested maybe Perses (reduced health though) or Chimera )

Many of those have a "learning curve" and while our smart players find good strategies fast, other players get frustrated quickly on a new map and start whining/bitching/complaining. Like f'ing JoeKT yesterday on DarkMarsh he pretty much gave up right away complained the map was "unplayable" because the other team was better...and using good teamwork and tactics.
NiVa Valley is good example, if you waste your mino or other power vehicles.(just like on other maps like Dria charging blindly on to the lake bed..) you get pounded pretty hard.
infinitecat

Post by infinitecat »

Is it possible that some maps aren't played more often because their names are uninviting?

The Junkyard maps, for example, conjure an appealing environment for mayhem even though there's nothing "junkyardy" about them. They could as easily have been titled "Hills of Death".

It's like the difference between fried squid and "calimari".

Just an observation.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Possibly, and I think there is name recognition...and too many maps for most to remember
Like what's ZeroImpact vs. ColdFusion ?