Vote for your most under-played favorite map.

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Vote for your most under-played favorite map.

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Some of those could maybe helped with descriptors in the title. In your example, one could be distinguished easier with "pipeline" in the name.

Or map preview pictures? Do any of the new developer/code people have an idea how to get this up and running? I'll collect screenshots if that's the tedious part.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Putting in map preview is pretty easy from an editing standpoint. Just screenshot and import in a bmp.

More and more I like the idea of map "packs". Keep say 20 always maps, and rotate in packs of 10 or something. That way we don't have the big long list to wade through trying to figure out what's what and vote in 30 seconds.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

pooty wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:22 pm Putting in map preview is pretty easy from an editing standpoint. Just screenshot and import in a bmp.

More and more I like the idea of map "packs". Keep say 20 always maps, and rotate in packs of 10 or something. That way we don't have the big long list to wade through trying to figure out what's what and vote in 30 seconds.
Want to start a collective screenshot drop folder somewhere? Maybe we can say "mapname.extension" as the default with a preferred resolution and then see how many we can rack up from forum users? If .bmp is needed then we can organize them like "torlan.bmp"?

Or maybe a dropbox isn't' needed, just its own thread which people can attach/link to their pictures?
pooty

Post by pooty »

We could host the images on this server. I can create a link/directory and we can store them from browsing.
The only tricky part is uploading them....have to send me a link or email them, or maybe use Dropbox or Google Drive to upload and then I move them over once "approved" (to avoid any questionable images)
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

The version of masterbath on the ceonss server is better, can we replace our one with it?
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Super Sanka wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:00 pm The version of masterbath on the ceonss server is better, can we replace our one with it?
Not without making your case as to why it's better. There's nothing wrong with our MB, you wanna play the CEONSS version, play it over there.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Not changing the current MB. Its a favorite.

I could add another version, however, CEONSS has asked that we not use their maps without permission.

What is different about it?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

The little ramps in the cabinet between levels is different on the ceonss server. Ours are better imo.

Their bathroom does have nice tile though heh.
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

IMO the magazines need to be updated. The ones on there now are out of date. We need newer magazines on there.
pooty

Post by pooty »

True, I might have to do that.