TTS in 64bit

Got a Glitch? Always Lagging? Need help with anything technical? Want to move off Windows XP?
Provert
Server Sponsor: Yes

TTS in 64bit

Post by Provert »

My 64bit is pretty stable, and I have all the sound working properly, except text to speech doesn't work at all. pooking around the interweb seems to say it'll never work in 64 bit. Curious if anyone has a fix.
pooty
Server Admin: Yes

Re: TTS in 64bit

Post by pooty »

I had thought I read the 64-bit wasn't as stable and really didn't provide any performance over 32 bit. I'll see if I can find a link...
Provert

Post by Provert »

I know a few people here do use the 64bit because they mentioned it. I was just curious. I haven't tried the 32 bit since upgrading my CPU and GPU. I didn't mount the GPU vertically this time, so i don't know if that made things more stable or the new GPU..lol
pooty
Server Admin: Yes

Post by pooty »

"Running 32 bit is generally recommended due to compatibility with software and mods of the time"
https://www.reddit.com/r/unrealtourname ... r_systems/

" But keep in mind, using the 64-bit version doesn't give much benefit, and it is buggy. "
" I've only had problems with 64bit. I always use 32bit. "
https://steamcommunity.com/app/13230/di ... 352469532/

Biggest advantage is more than 4 GB of memory but I don't think I've ever seen UT client go above 1GB.

And I still feel like GPUs don't much matter, most modern cards easily handle UT2004. My current card NVidia 1080 GTX is like way overkill and its an older card. I remember running on NVidia 480 card....
Provert

Post by Provert »

Plyaed the 32 bit last night, no issues other than trying to join a randomizer map, but that happens on the 64 bit as well. I'll give the 32 bit a ry again tonight.