Best player of all time?

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
McLovin
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Best player of all time?

Post by McLovin »

Who is the best player on ONS? It's not Xexx or Leon. I wanna see a match-up between Enyo and Mauz from CEONSS (or whatever their Nazi German nick is).

It would be the F'n one-on-one match of the CENTURY. USA's best against Euro's best. Was specting Mauz today and thought it was Enyo. Both have the know-hows.

BTW: Enyo, they F'n hate you over there. Brought up your name today and they were all over it, not in a good way either, LOL Good job mate! Piss em off, is always the best.
Enyo

Re: Best player of all time?

Post by Enyo »

Lol, thanks McLovin... and not sure why they hate me over there, it's not anything I said, you can't even talk on their server. Maybe it's because I still wreck em all even with a 100+ ping?
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Hate was probably too strong of a word to use. It's more like they are afraid of you and triggered hard when you were mentioned. I call that RESPECT.

Too bad the ping differences make international matches non-competitive. Maybe someday when comms are better I guess.

Another match-up I'd love to witness would have GTKY involved. @Termi, when does Guy get out of lock-up? LOL
pooty

Post by pooty »

We did do a competitive match of Omni vs CEONSS. There were of course ping issues, so we had sort of mixed teams and a variety of maps, as CEONSS is much less vehicle heavy. It'd be good to have another match up -- maybe 2-3 maps on each server.
Tater

Post by Tater »

Wish I didn't have 130+ ping on CEONS, it'd be fun to beat another UT crew.
Tried playing and couldn't hit a single shock combo because of ping... it was my worst nightmare.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Tater wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:46 pm ...
Tried playing and couldn't hit a single shock combo because of ping... it was my worst nightmare.
Oh the horror! I guess that would be similar to what somebody that gets a debilitating disease like Alzheimer's or such must go through. Or just getting older and forgetting where I put my glasses, LOL
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

Tater wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:46 pm Wish I didn't have 130+ ping on CEONS, it'd be fun to beat another UT crew.
Jubei would hit those :D
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Tater wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:46 pm Wish I didn't have 130+ ping on CEONS, it'd be fun to beat another UT crew.
Yeah, you kinda have to stick to vehicles on CEONSS if you wanna be competitive there. After a while playing there, you can actually adjust to the high ping and shoot just slightly ahead of where the enemies appear to hit them. And, if you understand they're an ONS server with lots of death matchers, most of their players are not aggressive at nodes, so it's easy to overtake their maps if you focus on nodes and not fighting on foot. Any time lots of OMNI players are on the same team over there, we typically win the vehicle heavy maps, but not so much their DM style maps.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
ankeedo

Post by ankeedo »

I have the worse ping in both servers... I guess :lol:
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

ankeedo wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:50 am I have the worse ping in both servers... I guess :lol:
If you are truly in the middle eastern sandbox, you're running on the government's MILNET unclassified network, it's probably better than any commercial-grade internet that the rest of us use.