Where did they go?

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
McLovin
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Where did they go?

Post by McLovin »

Racer_X Thought I saw him playing about a month or so ago. He is still good.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Sarge - Gave up UT for a gal. I still have hope that he will come back to his senses and return. He was fun to piss off, LOL
Binger - One of our most level-headed players.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

McLovin wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:37 pm Sarge - Gave up UT for a gal. I still have hope that he will come back to his senses and return. He was fun to piss off, LOL
Binger - One of our most level-headed players.
Yeah, miss Sarge, he was good, but he was fun to mess with though.

Wish Binger would come back, I miss his stoner rants.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

McLovin wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:37 pm Sarge - Gave up UT for a gal.
My wife made me give up tekken. She is now my ex wife.
Tater

Post by Tater »

captainsnarf wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:43 am I think Tater is more bored then Azazel.
Heh, pretty much. I took a break from UT for a while, felt like a lot of people were taking a break from it late last year; seemed we were struggling to pull together even 22 player matches. I'll try to pop in more frequently though, miss some good UT.

I've recently become a lowly, maidenless Tarnished in "Elden Ring" for a while...
Difficult game, the first of its genre that I've played... I actually die in this game! ;)

Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Tater wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:16 pm Heh, pretty much. I took a break from UT for a while, felt like a lot of people were taking a break from it late last year; seemed we were struggling to pull together even 22 player matches. I'll try to pop in more frequently though, miss some good UT.

I've recently become a lowly, maidenless Tarnished in "Elden Ring" for a while...
Difficult game, the first of its genre that I've played... I actually die in this game! ;)
UT always gets slow around end of the year, and some in the Summer, it's definitely cyclical with the small community left.

How do you like Elden Ring? Seems pretty cool and different from other RPG games. You recommend it?
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I'm getting bored also. Not sure what else to mod. If you don't see me on much I'm playing other games.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yes, a fantastic job cleaning up all the vehicles and such...things are much, much better now.

But on the mapping front, I think most of the player base just wants to play the same maps over and over and over.. I realize some of the newer edits might not be as good/tried and true, but I feel like there's a huge resistance to learning something new vs. just taking the mino to the dognuts spot. People just want to play the same thing -- its still pretty fun, but not as much fun to do every night when its the same thing..

And not much trade off to spend hours editing/building a map to have it played 3 times.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

captainsnarf wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:16 pm I'm getting bored also. Not sure what else to mod. If you don't see me on much I'm playing other games.
Fix the idle auto kick, LOL
pooty

Post by pooty »

I did change some UT2004 settings:
- Added bKickLiveIdlers to [Engine.LevelInfo] to True Don't think it works though.

Those Epic developers could have used some real QA