Misc Map Changes Thread..for little glitches and annoyances...

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
Enyo
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Misc Map Changes Thread..for little glitches and annoyances...

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:01 am ok, you win, jerk! :lol: :D

Put a Jihad on you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIlG9aSMCpg
Oh good, you got my point. In honor of Team America (fuck yeah!) we could go with something a little more subtle like "XXXXX went Derka Derka!"
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Hospitaler needs to change too https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_Hospitaller

And Enyo needs to go as well: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enyo :lol:
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:48 pm And Enyo needs to go as well: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enyo :lol:
Ah, but you see I'm honoring the Greek goddess of war and destroyer of cities by the way I play. If, however, someone like Joe_Kameltoe was using the name "Enyo" he would be mocking Greek mythology/religion and would need to be banned.

FYI, Enyo is also the name of perhaps the coolest truck ever built, sporting a 1000 hp 8.4L V8:
https://www.motorauthority.com/news/113 ... alled-enyo

A little sneak peak:
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Ah, but you see I'm honoring the Greek goddess of war and destroyer of cities by the way I play. If, however, someone like Joe_Kameltoe was using the name "Enyo" he would be mocking Greek mythology/religion and would need to be banned.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That truck is badass though... love the retro '48 look with all new internals...
pooty

Post by pooty »

Some Map notes:
- Request to neuter or remove Pallas from JY maps (I think making it a little less powerful would be better, less range and less damage)
- Extra Link Nuke on HSH needs removed.
- Some vehicle edits on Halloween (Mirage Raptor needs to go, can't see it shooting which sucks), Might add Troop Carrier to the core to provide some anti-air (lots of good flyers and high ceiling) this should help defend primaries. Adjust teleporters in the Reward spots in the river.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I'll try updating the pallas soon. less range, less damage, less health, maybe more speed.

I knew I should have kept quiet about the extra link nuke :lol:
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:49 am - Some vehicle edits on Halloween (Mirage Raptor needs to go, can't see it shooting which sucks), Might add Troop Carrier to the core to provide some anti-air (lots of good flyers and high ceiling) this should help defend primaries. Adjust teleporters in the Reward spots in the river.
Huh? I have no problems seeing the Mirage Raptor’s bullets. And I think it should stay even though it’s far from my favorite flyer. It’s effective at defending the node that connects to the middle 6 node and the only flyer that spawns near 6. If you replace it, needs to be another similar flyer with air defense capabilities like a Phoenix, but there’s already one of those on the map isn’t there? Maybe a Wyvern instead?

Don’t like the idea of the Troop Carrier, that’s another one that needs nerfing, either in damage per laser hit or less health. Besides, there’s already a Spider, a Mino a Pulse Traitor and I think a Bender on the map. A lot of the flyers themselves have anti air as well.
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

I think its the background on that map that affect the Mirage Raptor. I'd replace it with something similar.. I was getting killed repeatedly and couldn't figure where I was getting hit from.

Not sure if there's a phoenix... I was considering a starbolt (maybe at the core) as well since its a huge map. I'd work to keep it balanced on flyers vs. anti-fliers. There's already a Wyvern at the core (in the tower).

Overall, I just wanted to take another pass at the vehicle mix since I did that map like two years ago, and hopefully I'm a bit better now at balancing them out.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Deleted Barracks-2017 (they one with the horrible 9/11/8 upper node layout)
Would be nice to rework this map a bit, has good multi-level play, but that version is effectively flawed.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Removed the Openspy notices on MasterBath. Its changed, I raised the tub nodes up a bit, not sure if anyone noticed, sometimes you didn't step on them and trigger them...hopefully this fixes that.