Misc Map Changes Thread..for little glitches and annoyances...

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Misc Map Changes Thread..for little glitches and annoyances...

Post by pooty »

So I noticed regular HellBenders don't get knocked around as much as HellHound / KingHellHound. I think we should adjust those to be a bit more stable..they are too easy right now to knock around they should be same as regular stock HellBender IMO.

Map Changes discussed:
NiVa Valley - replace Omnitaur with Classic Mino this avoids the mino camping/spamming across the map. Some additional vehicle tweaks. I think adding another more powerful flyer at core (Falcon maybe), and few fast movers (boards, manta types, maybe a new link vehicle ) and perhaps another tank. However I think the goal is to not overload with big vehicles -- there's lots of good areas for sniping, infantry (deemers, ion painters, link nukes, towers) to make an impact.
Was also suggested to try it as Randomizer.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Not sure what's wrong, but Niva Valley has really bad performance, like 20-40fps on my box, where I can get 2000+fps on DM maps. I'm guessing it's nearly unplayable for players with old computers.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I'll rebuild it when I edit it. Might need to add some antiportals, although its basically wide open...
pooty

Post by pooty »

A couple of things:

Enyo had suggested that maybe the Trickboards link beam instead of grapple? I think we could probably do both, just make the linking fairly weak (1/2 link gun maybe?) Many people try to use it as link anyway. But we should do that, or change link beam color to something other than green,yellow, purple, or just remove it.

FireBadger Turret range is 80000, needs reduced to 20000, its in CSBadgerFix. Nothing like fast a 900 health, unlimited range badger.

I need to add LinkTank 3.0 to CSVehiclePack.ini to replace the multitude of various link tanks with the standard Link Tank 3.0. Looks like it needs a code change to do it.

Need to update the Randomziers with newer link vehicles...and maybe remove some. I think maybe EONS scorps can get replaced with LinkScorpions (links scorps have boost and more useful than the totally we weapon on EONS scorps.) There a few weak Benders (AssaultBender for one) that could be removed until tweaked.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I'd rather trickboards keep the grapple than change to link. Maybe we can change the graphic though so it doesn't look like a link. Reusing the link beam effect was the easy/cheap way to make a beam.

Is the old link tank in CSVehiclePack, or CSBadgerFix? I forget. I thought it might be in badger fix because the link badger was based off it, but it might be that one package depends on the other.
pooty

Post by pooty »

- Still have camera rolling problem, Dria-Rando, Bio on Tiamat.

I think its in Badger, but we can code the vehicle pack to use whatever one we want.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Camera rolling problem? Really? Are you sure it was Tiamat and not some other levi like hospitaler, chimera, persesMAS? It's not fixed in those 3.

It gets fixed by the vehiclepack mutator replacing tiamat with the fixed version. I wonder if the randomizer is randomizing after the vehiclepack fix and putting old tiamat back at the spawn.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Camera rolling problem? Really? Are you sure it was Tiamat
Yep 99% sure. I was shocked, since I haven't seen that happen since the fixes.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Can we just change the color of the grapple beam to something that’s obviously not link? Like white or black? Same with the grapple gun.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 5:11 am Camera rolling problem? Really?
Still happens in the mino too. Pooty, you and I were in the mino on MTMU the other night and got camera rolled.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain