Misc Map Changes Thread..for little glitches and annoyances...

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Misc Map Changes Thread..for little glitches and annoyances...

Post by pooty »

- Check range on Heavy Tank Turrets, shock range seems pretty short.
- Thinking of reducing damage a bit on Mobreaker
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

pooty wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:06 pm - Check range on Heavy Tank Turrets, shock range seems pretty short.
I agree with this. I seem to only be hitting half the time. Is its range even as long as a shock rifle's?
pooty

Post by pooty »

I agree with this. I seem to only be hitting half the time. Is its range even as long as a shock rifle's?
Its not. I was hitting Heavy Tank with Helix (range 15000) and it couldn't hit me. SR should have range of 17000.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Heavy tank has seat 2 and seat 3. If I recall correctly seat 2 is short ranged, like 10000 or something.
pooty

Post by pooty »

HeavyTank 2.3 Updated:
Range = ShockRifle Range (17000 UU) (most lasers are 20000)
Zoom Shock - It looks more impressive and it does a bit more damage than SR, but less momentum.
ShockCannon - Looks even bigger, does almost double normal SR, more momentum (this has lower fire rate and no zoom), alt fire is the flak shooting explosive drone (unchanged).
pooty

Post by pooty »

Updated HellHound, KingHellHound - You no longer take "pass through" damage when in the rear turret. I know the original bender was like that, but its dumb when a single shot kills you in the turret but doesn't kill vehicle.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:13 pm Updated HellHound, KingHellHound - You no longer take "pass through" damage when in the rear turret. I know the original bender was like that, but its dumb when a single shot kills you in the turret but doesn't kill vehicle.
I think the idea behind that is you’re an exposed gunner on the rear turret. If I’m not mistaken, I think you can also shoot the driver of a Manta and kill them but not the Manta. Maybe it was the same for the original Scorpion too? I know I’ve killed people in both of those before without killing the vehicle.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

I think the idea behind that is you’re an exposed gunner on the rear turret. If I’m not mistaken, I think you can also shoot the driver of a Manta and kill them but not the Manta. Maybe it was the same for the original Scorpion too? I know I’ve killed people in both of those before without killing the vehicle.
Correct, that was the original intent. However, the damage is passthrough from the vehicle/hitbox. So you're in the 3rd turret of the bender, and someone shoots the front for 400 pts.. you'd take 400 *.6 (passthrough in code) = 240 pts damage and you're dead, and bender remains intact with remaining health -400. In some ways its like double damage. Driver doesn't take any damage, 2nd seat I think took .4. So its kind of odd, IMO.

But all that aside, if we played maps with few vehicles and mostly DM that makes sense. But with all our vehicles/tanks, doesn't make sense that most single tank shots, one alt-fire falcon, even goliaths, would kill a bender gunner in one shot. Making them kind of useless, nearly defenseless, since you can't dodge in turret... Benders get bounced around much easier too.

For Scorpions/Mantas, no plans to change those that's how they work since beginning, we could change them, but I think it makes sense to keep them.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Request for tightening up the meshes in the MTMU trenches. I took an ion-badger in a nose dive on BadgerMeUp yesterday on the center node and went straight through the map.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Hmm.. hasn't really changed at all, badgers seem to have a habit of falling through the terrain.