Post by captainsnarf »

New version! Download here UTCompOmni_1.38.zip

Changes

- Add whitelist feature.

New config values:

Code: Select all

bEnableWhitelist=False
   bUseWhitelist=False
   WhitelistBanMessage=Not allowed.  Contact the server administrator to gain access
If 'bEnableWhitelist' is true, white list GUI is enabled. Admins will see a new Admin button in UTComp F5 menu. Admins can turn on/off the whitelist. Default is false.

If 'bUseWhitelist' is true, white list is enabled. Only players with matching PlayerIDs are allowed into the game. Default is false. Can be changed via the admin gui.

Banned players will see an auto kicked message when they try to join the server. Change WhitelistBanMessage accordingly.

The white list is an ini file called 'UTComp_Whitelist.ini' in the System folder.

[UTCompOmni.UTComp_Whitelist]
WhitelistEntry=PlayerID1
WhitelistEntry=PlayerID2
WhitelistEntry=PlayerID3
etc...
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: UTComp

Post by pooty »

On the server. We aren't using the Whitelist.
pooty

Post by pooty »

So I re-enabled EnhancedNetCode, we've got a pretty good feel how the server does without it. Keep in mind it only gets used if you turn it on. It only affects player weapons (not vehicles), use it if you need to for higher ping (> 50ms), its not going to help too much otherwise and just used server cpu.

TickRate=28
MinNetSpeed=9300
MaxNetSpeed=13600

bEnableEnhancedNetCode=True
bEnableEnhancedNetCodeVoting=False
MinNetUpdateRate=60.000000
MaxNetUpdateRate=105.000000
NewNetUpdateFrequency=60
PingTweenTime=4.000000
PawnCollisionHistoryLength=0.150000
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Thank you Pooty! All three of us that cared missed it. :lol: BeerBattle last night without it was pretty rough (for me anyway)
pooty

Post by pooty »

Seemed like it was ok for me, but Enyo said he had trouble hitting. I usually run with it off, as does he. That being said we had a pretty full server on Minus-TMU (tank version) and fps seemed to do pretty well staying over 100. (I still think there's a combination of vehicles that produces a very laggy map and/or our server machine gets bogged by other processes)

So a few things, which may or may not be UTComp related
1. Hitsounds don't always play -- this is just "normal" especially when a ton going on playing client sound gets prioritized out under heavy load -- so you're hitting just not getting the sound -- nothing to worry about here.
2. I've noticed some odd "input" lag? Sometimes when I go to switch seats in a vehicle, I have to hit the key twice. Same on the mouse firing/alt-firing its like there's input lag, I hit the button and first time its like it ignores that input
3. Its harder to get out of raptor types -- not using selectable exits, but does that change the space needed to exit?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I don't don't really know, sorry :(

Hit sounds almost always worked for me. I think there was an older utcomp version that had issues(?) but it works for me now. I'm not sure about input lag or vehicle exits changing.
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

pooty wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:27 am 2. I've noticed some odd "input" lag? Sometimes when I go to switch seats in a vehicle, I have to hit the key twice. Same on the mouse firing/alt-firing its like there's input lag, I hit the button and first time its like it ignores that input
This is packet loss. Actually last night I was playing without ping compensation and experienced a few noregs as well.
I don't usually see any P/L on the stat net, but lag/unreg is there.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

New version! Download here UTCompOmni_1.39.zip

Changes
- Change CheckScore function to use while loop instead of for loop to avoid possible None reference.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I finally received an email response from John Barrett aka 'Shambler', the original author of ONSPlus. He said it's OK for me to release UTCompOmni as GPL'd software.

UTComp is released as GPL but ONSPlus was copyright John Barrett so I couldn't release our custom version without his blessing. Omni has a private github where our source is hosted but I will also put UTCompOmni on my public github now.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Very cool.

Updated version is on the server.