Randomizer candidates...

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
Enyo
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Randomizer candidates...

Post by Enyo »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:13 pm On that note, maybe one of the gunner seats could be a gun that shoots a projectile that makes a smoke screen on impact? Kind of like the one the fire tank makes but without the actual damage. Could be fun to drop a couple in front of a mino to force them to move their position etc.
Now that's an awesome idea! Pooty, can you make the gunner seat missiles cast a smoke screen? You could use it to obscure the Draco's approach, give it a chance to get in close to lasers and heavily guarded nodes, give em the ole batman move! Might Incentivize getting passengers in it too.

As another option, could give it the fire tank alt fire as suggested but in the primary seat and just dial the damage down to almost nil.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Enyo wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:42 pm
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:13 pm On that note, maybe one of the gunner seats could be a gun that shoots a projectile that makes a smoke screen on impact? Kind of like the one the fire tank makes but without the actual damage. Could be fun to drop a couple in front of a mino to force them to move their position etc.
Now that's an awesome idea! Pooty, can you make the gunner seat missiles cast a smoke screen? You could use it to obscure the Draco's approach, give it a chance to get in close to lasers and heavily guarded nodes, give em the ole batman move! Might Incentivize getting passengers in it too.

As another option, could give it the fire tank alt fire as suggested but in the primary seat and just dial the damage down to almost nil.
Right on. Thanks! Yeah I think the trick here is finding a way to mod it without making it too OP and changing the gameplay of Nevermore.

Yeah I actually use the fire tank's smoke screen in Desert Junkyard. Take the fire tank from the corner primary and shoot at the hill near the arch to block the ion gunner's aim.

Taking the chance here again to plug the Unreal II weapons pack. The "Hydra Grenade Launcher" has a smoke grenade option which would be fun for infantry.
https://unreal.fandom.com/wiki/Hydra_Grenade_Launcher
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VRbkRug29U
pooty

Post by pooty »

Changes in the FireVehicles thread. But basically Driver alt-fire is smoke screen. Passenger weapons upgraded. A fully loaded Draco should be pretty deadly, its faster, tougher and does more damage. It has some good resistance to hand held weapons, but no real defense against flyers..its an Attack vehicle not an air-to-air flyer (we have plenty of those).
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:51 pm Changes in the FireVehicles thread. But basically Driver alt-fire is smoke screen. Passenger weapons upgraded. A fully loaded Draco should be pretty deadly, its faster, tougher and does more damage. It has some good resistance to hand held weapons, but no real defense against flyers..its an Attack vehicle not an air-to-air flyer (we have plenty of those).
Sweet! I might actually like the Draco now... did you add the bigger explosion when it dies like you mentioned?

**EDIT**
Never mind, you answered that in the fire vehciles thread. I like the updates on the gunner weapons too, interested to see how it all changes the dynamic on Nevermore.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

I have an inital edit of Valarna Randomizer on the server.
Its still in the "sandbox" phase

- Uses Vehicle Mix from Dria-Randomizer, so pretty much everything, flyers, tanks, mechs, trucks, scorps.
- This map has a much lower vehicle count than most randomizers:
- Core: HeavyTank, Predator, Fixed, 5 Random (90s respawn on Heavy Tank, Predator -- thought about Mino but its just too much on this map, it can blast nearly across the map and with the huge damage radius just not right--Classic is possible via random though)
- Nodes 8/4 4 Random Vehicles
- Nodes 2/10 (the one with the stone bridge), Fixed: Shield Tank (EONS Crusader -45s respawn) and 2 Random
- Rest have 2 Random Vehicles.

Higher Point values at core, so you should get "better" vehicles most of the time...Point values for paired nodes is pretty broad, you could get two fairly low powered or perhaps a levi and scorpion.... so it should be pretty "random"
We can play a few times and get a better feel for where we want it to go in terms of what vehicle mix... some ideas on that that I had
- Flyers vs. Trucks
- Flyers vs. BigTanks
- No Flyers, just Trucks, Tanks and Mantas.

But lets play and see...
And remember the Predator seats three...so if you don't get flyers take passengers for fast nodes...

I think for Acerbus... I think that one I don't want to randomize. Its big and might make for more fun with controlled vehicles that take advantage of map features.. thinking fast movers at core, slower as you get to the middle. For example, vehicles that take advantage of library vs. open space. And some good reward vehicles at the middle node with the Falcons.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Played Valarna tonight..
One big item, get rid of the levis/pallas etc. They can reach the whole map practically so they kind of break it. Not sure why I didn't do this at first...

What is nice is there isn't a ton of vehicles so you have to work together and use that 2nd seat (or more).

I might reduce the point values a bit if there's no levis too..which should get us a better mix.
Going to reduce spawn times on Heavy Tank to 45s and Predator to 75s (to help retake the map)
pooty

Post by pooty »

Valarna V2
Ok so I decided to keep the levis in (Levi, DarkLevi, Tiamat, and Hospitaler[Saw this played on hill with Shield Operators defending and it was beautiful thing! This one could dominate the map if manned up and supported]
I did remove the Pallas it was just too much on this map as it could hide behind a mountain and spam practically the whole map.

However, I did add biorifles to all the Weapon Lockers to help in killing the MAS. However, they will still be quite formidable on this map, and like only get one at the Core or one of the Primaries...and a small chance to get one at the Center node.
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

Rail tank is pretty powerful too if it spawns in core. I think you can move up to the hill right by the core and shoot whoevers linking thier first node from across the map lol
pooty

Post by pooty »

A couple of observations from the match tonight...

1. Mismanage or let noobs screw up the vehicles.. going to go bad fast...

2. I will add grapple gun at the core(s)

3. Still torn on the Levis. I think maybe just Dark Levi and regular Levi, the others are too hard to kill.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:44 pm A couple of observations from the match tonight...

1. Mismanage or let noobs screw up the vehicles.. going to go bad fast...

2. I will add grapple gun at the core(s)

3. Still torn on the Levis. I think maybe just Dark Levi and regular Levi, the others are too hard to kill.
Big open map with tons of anti air and tanks/MAS that can shoot clear across the map, need to have the far corner nodes spawn flyers more reliably. In fact, other than the core and middle node, hardly any flyers spawned except a few manta variations. Maybe it was just luck of the draw, but most nodes spawned ground vehicles.

Because of the lack of flyers at most nodes, gives too much opportunity for the Coldcuts to waste the one or two you have at core.
― Mark Twain