So effing good

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
Anonymous.

Re: So effing good

Post by Anonymous. »

DrScrotey wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:18 pm Are you one of those people that get bugged by (in-spec) fluorescent light flickering? I know someone who is susceptible to them and I know of some people who can't stand anything but DC lighting.
250 fps and 240 Hz would cause a 10 Hz beat frequency, so well within normal people's capability to see.
Yes. Magnetic ballast fluorescent (electronic ballasts are an EMI nightmare) and cheap LEDs are both inferior light sources compared to halogen or HPS. LED street lights are a major safety hazard due to how they mess with motion perception thanks to their dogshit rectification, as well as how directional they are (HPS was omnidirectional - much less glare). These issues will never go away until cheap LED drivers are banned. I recently returned a Samsung S22 due to its hilariously low 240Hz PWM (and how bad android is). The state of lighting technology is a joke.

https://www.usailighting.com/stuff/cont ... et_doe.pdf
DrScrotey

Post by DrScrotey »

You a double E? Or electrician?
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by captainsnarf »

Anonymous. wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:38 am
DrScrotey wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:18 pm Are you one of those people that get bugged by (in-spec) fluorescent light flickering? I know someone who is susceptible to them and I know of some people who can't stand anything but DC lighting.
250 fps and 240 Hz would cause a 10 Hz beat frequency, so well within normal people's capability to see.
Yes. Magnetic ballast fluorescent (electronic ballasts are an EMI nightmare) and cheap LEDs are both inferior light sources compared to halogen or HPS. LED street lights are a major safety hazard due to how they mess with motion perception thanks to their dogshit rectification, as well as how directional they are (HPS was omnidirectional - much less glare). These issues will never go away until cheap LED drivers are banned. I recently returned a Samsung S22 due to its hilariously low 240Hz PWM (and how bad android is). The state of lighting technology is a joke.

https://www.usailighting.com/stuff/cont ... et_doe.pdf
Hmm, they bother me too! I didn't know it was a thing. I can't stand fluorescent lighting. LEDs are better but I can still see the flicker sometimes. I try to buy high quality LED bulbs.
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

DrScrotey wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:10 am You a double E? Or electrician?
Neither.
Colbye
Server Sponsor: Yes

Post by Colbye »

Fellas...I think you forget that there is a regular here that id a 3 time champion at HoC. A 1 time champion over at the notoriously aim-bot allowing UFC and a man with a 27 inch penis.

His name is Colbye.

And I will smoke all ye heathens.
HEAD CHEESE