So effing good

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
DrScrotey

So effing good

Post by DrScrotey »

Holy crap, I just realized anon is like really good. Even better than I had thought he was previously. He got me 17 times on volcanohigh (to my 4 times)! I didn't think I was a slouch, maybe I should reconsider and shadow box some bots locally.
Wow just wow I'm impressed.
0102D454-B313-46B8-BBCC-FDBB69076270.jpeg
0102D454-B313-46B8-BBCC-FDBB69076270.jpeg (219.63 KiB) Viewed 936 times
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: So effing good

Post by captainsnarf »

You also play on the HoC server. How would you compare him to those players, like 8, Koivu, WhiteTiger, and se7en?
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

:)
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

He's a beast. Anon, who gives you the most "trouble" on Omni? Seems like you just roll over everyone
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

Super Sanka wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:32 amHe's a beast. Anon, who gives you the most "trouble" on Omni? Seems like you just roll over everyone
Enyo with his hackusations :(
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

I didnt suspect anything but I specced you yesterday and didn't see anything off. You miss but hit tough shots more consistently than others. Maybe he can expand on what he saw.
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

There's nothing to expand on, he's just mad he's not as good as he thinks, and goes off false positives from a 10 year old anticheat client as it's his last glimmer of hope that the reason I'm better than him is because I cheat.
Last edited by Anonymous. on Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrScrotey

Post by DrScrotey »

captainsnarf wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:03 am You also play on the HoC server. How would you compare him to those players, like 8, Koivu, WhiteTiger, and se7en?
I hesitate to say just because it's such a different game shooting players vs mainly shooting vehicles, but if my feet are held to the fire I'd say that the top DM players would wipe the floor with any of the onslaught players at DMing. What do you think snarf? Anon, care to share if you've smashed them over there?
Props to the top players over there though, if you ever have a penchant for getting humbled go there.
Generally, DMing is a distraction for onslaught winning, however, if it's a DM at a node, to the winner go the spoils, it's self evident that's progress.
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

I don't really play on those servers due to the frustration of noregs, unadjustable FPS cap (250 FPS on a 240Hz monitor results in constant stuttering due to mistiming), and the slope camera bug.
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

DrScrotey wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:49 pm
captainsnarf wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:03 am You also play on the HoC server. How would you compare him to those players, like 8, Koivu, WhiteTiger, and se7en?
I hesitate to say just because it's such a different game shooting players vs mainly shooting vehicles, but if my feet are held to the fire I'd say that the top DM players would wipe the floor with any of the onslaught players at DMing. What do you think snarf? Anon, care to share if you've smashed them over there?
Props to the top players over there though, if you ever have a penchant for getting humbled go there.
Generally, DMing is a distraction for onslaught winning, however, if it's a DM at a node, to the winner go the spoils, it's self evident that's progress.

A DM player would beat an ONS player easily because they know the DM maps better and have muscle memory for those DM situations. If the most "talented" ONS players play DM for a few weeks they'd fit right in.

Also I think your average DM player would pick up ONS faster than the other way around simply because of skill level.