So effing good

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: So effing good

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

On other style servers I play (assault and DM), they will vote vehicle map every once in a while. I love it because I immediately go from the bottom the top. Some people are truly devoted to pure deathmatch and suck in vehicles.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

DrScrotey wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:49 pm
captainsnarf wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:03 am You also play on the HoC server. How would you compare him to those players, like 8, Koivu, WhiteTiger, and se7en?
I hesitate to say just because it's such a different game shooting players vs mainly shooting vehicles, but if my feet are held to the fire I'd say that the top DM players would wipe the floor with any of the onslaught players at DMing. What do you think snarf? Anon, care to share if you've smashed them over there?
Props to the top players over there though, if you ever have a penchant for getting humbled go there.
Generally, DMing is a distraction for onslaught winning, however, if it's a DM at a node, to the winner go the spoils, it's self evident that's progress.
I always get wrecked on the HoC server. I'm not always the lowest score, but usually I am. My aim is ok, not great but I do much better with lightning gun than flak cannon. It's still a lot of fun.

I'm not a fan of 'camping the mino in the magic spot' that most of our games devolve into. Same old maps, same old strategies. I'm not very familiar with most DM maps and I run right in to shock combo traps, so I guess there is some similarity. I like to run face first into Xexx ion tank blasts too :lol:
pooty

Post by pooty »

I'm not a fan of 'camping the mino in the magic spot' that most of our games devolve into. Same old maps, same old strategies.
Its fun now and then, and not to thread hijack, but I'd love to see more variety. We got to play Suspense and DowntownXL yesterday with a fair number of players and it was quite fun vs. Take the mino hit 8/9, next lets play JY, MassD, MB, NVM, Minus repeat.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

captainsnarf wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:28 pm ...
I'm not a fan of 'camping the mino in the magic spot'
It's called the "DogNuts Spot", get your terminology straight. LOL
Xexx

Post by Xexx »

pooty wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:37 pm
I'm not a fan of 'camping the mino in the magic spot' that most of our games devolve into. Same old maps, same old strategies.
Its fun now and then, and not to thread hijack, but I'd love to see more variety. We got to play Suspense and DowntownXL yesterday with a fair number of players and it was quite fun vs. Take the mino hit 8/9, next lets play JY, MassD, MB, NVM, Minus repeat.
Is it possible to change the map roster based on the day? A lot of cool things have been added but I think they get overused. Some variety would be nice and help with the performance issues. Of course, I'd really just like a day dedicated to VCTF anyway :D
pooty

Post by pooty »

Is it possible to change the map roster based on the day? A lot of cool things have been added but I think they get overused
Manually yes. Automated, no. Meaning me or one of the other admins would have to do it.
There was discussion a while back on "MapPacks" where blocks of maps go in and out of rotation to avoid having a really long map list and most I think just vote for something someone else voted for.

We can increase the map rotation, but most preferred to let democracy run wild.
I think the occaisional randommap or admin's choice would be fun too, especially with some newer edits/maps you really need to play test with humans especially creative or sneaky ones.
DrScrotey

Post by DrScrotey »

Anonymous. wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:50 pm I don't really play on those servers due to the frustration of noregs, unadjustable FPS cap (250 FPS on a 240Hz monitor results in constant stuttering due to mistiming), and the slope camera bug.
Are you one of those people that get bugged by (in-spec) fluorescent light flickering? I know someone who is susceptible to them and I know of some people who can't stand anything but DC lighting.
250 fps and 240 Hz would cause a 10 Hz beat frequency, so well within normal people's capability to see.
pooty wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:03 pm I think the occaisional randommap or admin's choice would be fun too, especially with some newer edits/maps you really need to play test with humans especially creative or sneaky ones.
What about an admin's choice night? Once a week or so?
pooty

Post by pooty »

Or once or twice every few days...
DrScrotey

Post by DrScrotey »

pooty wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:38 pm
U Write The Rules (Solarstone Remix) - Young Parisians
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

DrScrotey wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:53 pm
pooty wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:38 pm
U Write The Rules (Solarstone Remix) - Young Parisians
Yeah, but sounds douchey and authoritarian when we say it... Carpe used to say, "Omni is not a democracy."
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain