Crashes... thread for crash info.

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Crashes... thread for crash info.

Post by captainsnarf »

I thought there was another nuke tank without cluster bomb that doesn't crash. Could you just switch them out?
pooty

Post by pooty »

I could. They use much of the same code (its in the git). The only difference is the payloads... in fact the weak deemer and highexplosive are exactly the same class. Which I think swapping out the Arbalests completely, then if its solid then trying Nova one and see...

At least for temporary fix, I could just change it to some other vehicle.
pooty

Post by pooty »

So here's what's strange. I removed the ArbalestV2Omni. Changed the spawn to CSDarkLevi. Saved, exited editor. Reloaded it. myLevel.Arbalest is still there and in the the level. Its not referenced anywhere, so why is it loaded into myLevel. Some odd dependecy but on what?
And what's weird if I summon myLevel.Arbalest its the older non cluster bomb version -- if I troll through the map in the text editor the clusterbomb classes are still in there!?

So there very well could be a conflict with the classes loading that could lead to a crash. But I don't know how to force the editor to unload them.

I think DJY was the only map previously that had the Cluster Bomb nuke tank right? Loaded it over the other nuke tank and who knows what else.

I'll upload the version I have, which the Arbalest won't ever come into play and we can see if it crashes. If that's good I'll put the other nuke tank (nova version in and see).
pooty

Post by pooty »

So we played DJY. No crash. MB and Dria after that all good. Just one data point, but if we play maybe 2-3 more times I think we might have verified the culprit.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Anyone notice any crashes yesterday?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Nevermore crashed on the third round. Army restarted it. Previous map was AJ randomizer
pooty

Post by pooty »

AJ Randomizer does have the Cluster Bomb nuke tank in the mix, does anyone recall if it actually spawned in?
pooty

Post by pooty »

So it seems my hypothesis on Cluster Bomb Nuke Tank was the culprit on DJY. Since changing it to Dark Levi no DJY end of match crashes.
I updated the map to use the Nova Missle Tank version lets see how that goes.

I can't see anything in the code that's off for the cluster bomb version other than the embedded classes are stuck in the map and won't free up. I even removed all the actors on the map, saved it, closed it, reopened it and the old "mylevel" cluster bomb stuff was in there somehow.

There was some thoughts of just not having the missle tank, I think Army mentioned he liked the Dark Levi there better... I think the Nova is a good comprimise. I think though I am going to tweak the Nova Missle (the big one) to be a bit faster... the cluster bomb missle was faster. So you get the big Nova missle every 2 minutes. I think the Cluster Bomb version is too OP, you basically get immediate endless stream of missles that are pretty much redeemers -- they kill node in 1 shot, kill mino (and any other non MAS vehicle) in one shot.
pooty

Post by pooty »

So we crashed after Dria-Rando last night and the Cluster Bomb tank was there.

So I am going to remove it from Randomizers. I've already removed it from DJY. I have no idea what's causing the crash but it seems to be the culprit.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

My client crashed halfway through Nevermore last night. Not sure if it's related but thought I'd mention it.