-bored

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
amightytribble

Re: -bored

Post by amightytribble »

pooty wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:53 pm
keeping the Randomizer function (and even continuing its expansion to other maps) while looking at cutting out the way-OP vehicles.
I randomized AbandonedCity, and removed a bunch of the OP stuff (no mechs, no levis, no OP fliers except maybe the aurora). There's a place for the silliness of everything and we have that. Any newer Randos will be less of the crazy stuff (map dependent).
I had to login and vote AbandonedCity to remind myself exactly which map it was. This is one of the maps I would have voted for anything else in attempt to stop this one being played and if it won I would spectate. I dont think my opinion is an outlier either.
Enyo
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by Enyo »

amightytribble wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:53 pm I had to login and vote AbandonedCity to remind myself exactly which map it was. This is one of the maps I would have voted for anything else in attempt to stop this one being played and if it won I would spectate. I dont think my opinion is an outlier either.
There's probably an equal number of players that like Abandoned City. What is it about the map you hate so much?
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

I had to login and vote AbandonedCity to remind myself exactly which map it was
What maps do you like? I put your favorite back on there, are there others you'd like to see?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

My frustration with the OP vehicles and our map rotation is it negates any skill gap.

You are down to your primaries on MTMU/Junkyard/Nevermore and the only vehicle left, if there is any, is a hoverbadger while there is some shit stain of a player camping a mino/ion tank at your primary racking up kills, probably the only time they can even get a kill because they quite simply suck at the game. There is no effort to get core hits because that risks them actually getting out of their camping spot and doing something, and no desire to as next round they will no longer have their asymmetrical advantage and not get any more kills. So we have this extremely long overtime where some of our worst players take advantage of the best ones.

I've been playing freon a lot more because at least in freon my effort and skill directly relates to my score.

pooty

Post by pooty »

That and just huge resistance to anything new. I mean Azazel was whining like a little bitch about the Xenomorphs on Alien2.. anything different seems to upset the crowd.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

To be fair, Azazel whines like a little bitch about *everything* :lol:
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:13 pm That and just huge resistance to anything new. I mean Azazel was whining like a little bitch about the Xenomorphs on Alien2.. anything different seems to upset the crowd.
Sure they're gonna whine, but you have to understand that UT is the crack and OMNI is the dealer... they'll come back for it no matter what we do. They don't whine to real life dealers because they'll get their knees broken.

But I do agree, a better product keeps the addicts coming back more frequently. I'm for whatever the crackheads want!
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
COLDCUT

Post by COLDCUT »

poof
Last edited by COLDCUT on Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Enyo wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:10 pm
pooty wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:13 pm That and just huge resistance to anything new. I mean Azazel was whining like a little bitch about the Xenomorphs on Alien2.. anything different seems to upset the crowd.
Sure they're gonna whine, but you have to understand that UT is the crack and OMNI is the dealer... they'll come back for it no matter what we do. They don't whine to real life dealers because they'll get their knees broken.

But I do agree, a better product keeps the addicts coming back more frequently. I'm for whatever the crackheads want!
They? I'm pretty sure we're all crackheads!
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:40 pm
Enyo wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:10 pm

They? I'm pretty sure we're all crackheads!
Nobody ever said the dealers don't partake!
― Mark Twain